For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
naterrn21's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 12:40 AM

Horrible customer service

I've been with AT&T for almost 2 years and this might be the end.  In March, I attempted to sign up for an international plan through your website but was the website wouldn't let me select the plan I wanted.  I chatted with a rep online who assured me she would set up my international plan for the dates I needed it.  I traveled to Mexico in April and one of the last days there I got a text stating I had over $100 in date charges.  When I get home I call and find out they never activated the international plan for my trip and now have an over $400 bill.  The rep assures me they will fix it when the billing cycle is up and I'll only be charged for the $40 international plan.  Of course, come the beginning of May, the bill is still inaccurate.  I call back and again give all the information to the rep.  He says he can see where I've already called and that there should be no problem fixing the issue but it has to go to some one higher up because of the amount.  He says it will be cleared up by the 10th.  Well today, still no resolution.  I call back and am told the claim was denied but was never told that and of course no reason is given.  I ask to speak to a supervisor who apologizes but says there is nothing he can do until I push to speak to someone else.  He finally transfers me to someone else to look in to the issue.  Lollie was super pleasant and very helpful.  She looked back at the chats from March to find where I had spoken to the rep and confirmed the dates for my international plan.  She immediately went and had a supervisor look at the charges so they could sign off on them to have them removed.  It is ridiculous that I had to spend an hour and a half and 3 phone calls to get this issue taken care of when it was your companies fault.  And then to decline it when you could look back and see that I had chatted with a rep online.  I've been tolerating the so-so coverage of AT&T but think this will send me back to Verizon where I got great coverage and great customer service.  They are worth paying a little extra for the service.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

It could have been fixed DURING the same bill cycle, not after.  

Pity you aren't on a more current plan.  Many of the  newer plans have free roaming included for Mexico and Canada.

Mobile Share Advantage 10 gigs or higher includes Mexico.  Unlimited plan includes both.

You can contact advanced support by clicking here @ATTMobilityCare.  Don't know if they can help you or not.,

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the info Lizdance40.  Unfortunately I'm the only person on my plan and NEVER use my 3 GB of data I'm already allowed so it would be overkill to get a plan that would allow roaming for the occasional trip out of the country I take.  Especially when it doesn't cover places like Brazil and Peru where I've also traveled recently.  One of the reasons I switched to AT&T was for the ease of the their international plans, but definitely not worth it to come home to an outrageous bill and then spend hours on the phone fighting about the charges. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

Understood.  And you don't want to change a plan that is no longer being offered.  

Is this the first time you used a travel plan?   

Do you know how to select a passport plan yourself?

login to My ATT app on your phone or tablet....

IMG_5763.JPGIMG_5762.JPG

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have used the Passport plan before, actually in Dec/January for a 2 week trip to Brazil and it was great.  I again tried to sign up from the website but this time (and even now) it tries to get you to select the International Day Pass as the plan you want instead which was why I had chatted with the online rep in March to get it set up.  I didn't try the app but will next time if I decide to stay with AT&T.  Hopefully its more straight forward instead of trying to force you to pick a more expensive international plan. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@naterrn21 When you answer the question of where you are traveling, just pick a country not covered by the $10 daily plan, like Afghanistan. You will then be presented the passport plans to pick from. Don't worry, you are not bound by what country you select, the website is just screwy.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

Yeah, that's why I posted the photo.  ATT is advertising the newest plan.  But the passport app is available through the app if you follow the path I posted.  

As @sandblaster wrote, if you use a desktop browser, it's more difficult to find the passport option.   

I had a similar problem finding the option when I traveled to St Kitts in February.  I found it odd, since it used to be easy to find right below the "Travel at pay per use..."

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.