For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jmeade2881's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 29th, 2015 4:40 PM

Buyers Remorse

I purchased the iphone 6s plus and i made a big mistake. I have always had an samsung and i recently upgraded from samsung note 4 to the iphone and im not satisfied. so my question is can i exchnage this phone for the note 5 im still within my 14 days but i have a past dude balance  now.. ATT rep said that will not aftect me exchanging of the phone because of the buyers remorse..

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

9 years ago

I don't think your balance will effect it.  There is a restock charge as the returned phone can't be sold as new again.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

GOOD LUCK!!!! ATT BUYERS REMOSE A BIG JOKE.  We upgraded on 12/10/2016 and returned on 12/17/2016 under the BRE.  It is now 3/9/2017 and AT&T is refusing to acknowledging our return under the BRE and charging us the full $1600+. I have at least 6 case numbers beginning in December 2016 to resolve this issue and each time I've offered my receipts proving the timely return under the BRE to the retail store, AT&T never wanted copies of my receipts.  Finally in March 2017, after 4 departments at AT&T, a loyalty department person told me they needed my receipts because the local retail store never did our BRE return correctly. So I provided the receipts - well guess what? WE are still refused by AT&T.  WHAT a freaking joke this company is.  I WILL NEVER USE THIS company EVER, EVER again. WE are now having to pay an attorney to pursue the retailer and AT&T.  Thank you for making my life miserable. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@jmeade2881 I'm pretty sure the day your purchased counts as one of the 14 days, so don't wait!

Make sure you get a receipt for returning the phone and don't lose it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Purchased 12/10, returned 12/7 - receipts clearly show these dates - less than 14 days!  AT&T is not honoring the BRE because they say the retailer did not do the return correctly.  AT&T never wanted my receipts until March 2017 (even after I offered them a zillion times).  Like I said, AT&T is a joke and they don't honor the BRE program.  All they want is money.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@BRERemorse wrote:

Purchased 12/10, returned 12/7 - receipts clearly show these dates - less than 14 days!  AT&T is not honoring the BRE because they say the retailer did not do the return correctly.  AT&T never wanted my receipts until March 2017 (even after I offered them a zillion times).  Like I said, AT&T is a joke and they don't honor the BRE program.  All they want is money.

Well, you did return it before you purchased it. That could cause some problems  😉

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

clearly i typed the dates in reverse. thank you.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@BRERemorse wrote:

Have you gone to the store where you returned them to see if someone there could help get this straightened out?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@jmeade2881 I'm pretty sure the day your purchased counts as one of the 14 days, so don't wait!

Make sure you get a receipt for returning the phone and don't lose it.

It's been 16 months, so I think the window has closed. 😉

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@BRERemorse wrote:

GOOD LUCK!!!! ATT BUYERS REMOSE A BIG JOKE.  We upgraded on 12/10/2016 and returned on 12/17/2016 under the BRE.  It is now 3/9/2017 and AT&T is refusing to acknowledging our return under the BRE and charging us the full $1600+. I have at least 6 case numbers beginning in December 2016 to resolve this issue and each time I've offered my receipts proving the timely return under the BRE to the retail store, AT&T never wanted copies of my receipts.  Finally in March 2017, after 4 departments at AT&T, a loyalty department person told me they needed my receipts because the local retail store never did our BRE return correctly. So I provided the receipts - well guess what? WE are still refused by AT&T.  WHAT a freaking joke this company is.  I WILL NEVER USE THIS company EVER, EVER again. WE are now having to pay an attorney to pursue the retailer and AT&T.  Thank you for making my life miserable. 

@BRERemorse

@MicCheck Its been less than 3 months.  

The problem may be the store of purchase may not be an ATT company store.  If not an Att company store, the return is totally out of ATT hands, just like if you bought at Best Buy or Walmart.   

Please check to see if it's a company store by the address here.  https://www.att.com/maps/store-locator.html

If it's a non Company store, you do need to take it up with the store first.  I would go in on a busy Saturday, park yourself, and tell them to fix it if they would prefer you to speak softly.  If not, cheerfully, but very audibly begin to describe the screw up.   Keep it sweet.

Next, send copies of your receipts by private message to @ATTMobilityCare.  

If you don't get results in one week, send a private message to @ATTKevin

If it still isn't fixed send copies to the BBB or state AG

Here are your option to dispute

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#howDoIResolveDisputesWithAtt

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@BRERemorse wrote:

@BRERemorse

@MicCheck Its been less than 3 months.  

The problem may be the store of purchase may not be an ATT company store.  If not an Att company store, the return is totally out of ATT hands, just like if you bought at Best Buy or Walmart.   

Please check to see if it's a company store by the address here.  https://www.att.com/maps/store-locator.html

If it's a non Company store, you do need to take it up with the store first.  I would go in on a busy Saturday, park yourself, and tell them to fix it if they would prefer you to speak softly.  If not, cheerfully, but very audibly begin to describe the screw up.   Keep it sweet.

Next, send copies of your receipts by private message to @ATTMobilityCare.  

If you don't get results in one week, send a private message to @ATTKevin

If it still isn't fixed send copies to the BBB or state AG

Here are your option to dispute

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#howDoIResolveDisputesWithAtt

@Gary L was replying to @jmeade2881, who started the thread in October 2015. 

It was an attempt at humor...I guess I failed. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.