For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ACPaaso's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 12th, 2015 7:08 PM

Are there roaming charges with Passport Plans

We are traveling to Finland, which is included in your Passport Plans. We have two cell phones and an IPad that we need to cover. The Passport plans sound great but my husband is concerned about roaming charges. Will we be hit with roaming charges?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

Passport covers all texts and cellular data up to your data limit plus you pay the per minute rate specified in the Passport plan for any calls. Without a Passport plan, you pay "per use" rates for all texts, data and calls and those rates can be quite high, especially for data. What roaming charges does he think are not covered by Passport?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

That is correct and even if you go over the data alotment, the extra data charge is billed per MB at a much more reasonable rate than with no plan. For example, the $30 passport plan gives you 120mb and overage is $0.25/MB. With no plan, data is $20/MB. Be advised there will be extra charges for any calls. However, the charge per minute is lower with a plan.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, he is concerned we will be charged international roaming fees. From, what I've read, the passport plans include roaming charges as long as we don't go over our data plan. Is this correct?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Will AT&T notify me with a text or email if I'm getting close to going over my data limit on the Passport plan? It would be hugely helpful! 🙂 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@itsmecaty wrote:

Will AT&T notify me with a text or email if I'm getting close to going over my data limit on the Passport plan? It would be hugely helpful! 🙂 

I had the passport plan for a trip to Panama earlier this year and did go over my data limit and did get an email notification. I don't remember if it was a warning I was close to the limit or a notice that I exceeded the limit. Due to delays in data reporting, the notification may not be very timely. You might be better off resetting your phone's statistics and track usage on the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

@sandblaster - You're the best! Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I'll definitely figure out how to reset my stats and go that route. Appreciate the help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.