Helpful Links

where is METV on U-verse?

Contributor

where is METV on U-verse?

Where is METV on U-verse?

Message 1 of 53
Contributor

Re: where is METV on U-verse?

I am very disappointed that METV is not available on the OKC market. Cox carries it, why can't UVerse?

Message 16 of 53
Expert

@rognbev wrote:

I am very disappointed that METV is not available on the OKC market. Cox carries it, why can't UVerse?

ATT is  suppossedly adding it to all markets on channel 136 if it is not a regular broadcast channel (not a subchannel) in your market.

We've had it here in metro Detroit on 136 for a few years, there is no local ID, it's the direct MeTV feed. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 17 of 53
Tutor

Carrying it in every market across the US? Or the market in OKC area? It is currently not available where I am.  I have been asking for almost 2 years now about them carrying MeTV on Uverse. I hope they do start carrying it everywhere. When will this be, do you know? Thanks

Message 18 of 53
ACE - Expert

@nikki9922 wrote:

Carrying it in every market across the US? Or the market in OKC area? It is currently not available where I am.  I have been asking for almost 2 years now about them carrying MeTV on Uverse. I hope they do start carrying it everywhere. When will this be, do you know? Thanks

If it is a sub-channel in your area and not available on Uverse, get an antenna and watch it OTA (Over The Air). 

Hopefully it will be available soon where you live.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 53
Contributor

Come on Uverse! Get with it and add MeTv, Antenna TV, etc.!
Message 20 of 53
ACE - Expert

@ElBee54 wrote:
Come on Uverse! Get with it and add MeTv, Antenna TV, etc.!

As stated earlier in this thread, if ME-TV is not a sub-channel in your market, it will be on Ch. 136, as it is here in Dallas.

Antenna-TV is a sub-channel in most markets and as such, ATT does not carry it AFAIK.  Check the list HERE for yourself.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 53
Administrator

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the U-verse Channel Request Site is no longer available. You can always review the channels available for your area on the U-verse TV Listings & Chanel Guide and/or learn more about how to access your U-verse TV channel lineup at our Support Site.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 22 of 53
Contributor

I heard that AT&T is phasing out u-verse and is changing people over to DirectTV. Do you have info on that.
Message 23 of 53
Administrator

@Sieg3021, I apologize, but I really don't have any information about that. Sorry!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 24 of 53
Contributor

no but the store will push you to sign up for direct tv and say that they dont do uverse anymore but just go online and sign up for it , direct tv set up my satallite wrong and just got uverse and now i am trying to find metv on uverse

Message 25 of 53
ACE - Expert

@proudmom79  If ME-TV is carried in your market, it will be on channel 136/1136. 

Message 26 of 53

So what makes it available in MY AREA?
Message 27 of 53
ACE - Expert

It's MeTV who chooses which areas of the country and local stations to serve.  If those local stations are not carried by uverse then it won't be on uverse.  And if if the local station is served it may be on a subchannel that uverse doesn't carry.  Verify where it's carried near you by entering your zip here.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Message 28 of 53

Sorry really don't understand "sub-channels" locally we get it via antenna.
Message 29 of 53
ACE - Expert

Probably on a sub-channel other than a .1 sub-channel.  OTA tv channels are notated as x.1, x.2, x.3, etc. (or sometimes x-1, x-2, x-3, etc.), where x is some channel number and the .n's (.1, .2., .3, etc) are the sub-channels of x.  Usually (but not always) the cable companies carry the x.1 channels if they carry it at all.  It's the exception that they carry the other sub-channels.

It's good you have an antenna.  This allows you to get those local sub-channels uverse doesn't carry.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Message 30 of 53
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support