For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Clarebear's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 11:58 PM

Why don't you PLEASE bring back Hallmark channel

I only get to watch the Hallmark Channel when I go to my son's house and watch it on DirecTV. It's wholesome television some of which we are lacking on Uverse. Please consider bringing it back. It's been gone from Uverse too long.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Suggested my mother, who's a senior citizen, consider U-verse a little more than a year ago because her Buckeye Cablesystem cable continued to rise to ridiculous amounts.  She had one question:  "Do they have the Hallmark Channel?".  I thought they still had it so mistakenly told her they did.  When she realized they didn't have it she was very disappointed. 

I'm flabbergasted that U-verse can't come to terms to get Hallmark back.  How much could they possibly be asking for?  They were only receiving $.06 per subscriber before.  As opposed to the following:

ESPN (in 2014) - $5.54 going up to over $8 in 2018.

ESPN2 - $.70  (ESPN demands ESPN and ESPN2 both be carried.)

TNT - $1.33

Disney - $1.15

NFL Network - $1.13

USA - $.71

TBS - $.62

Nickelodeon - $.62

CNN - $.60

Average for all channels - $.28

Those were 2014 prices so some are most likely higher now.  BTW, I got rid of U-verse (tv portion) last October due to the rising cable bill that creeped up and up and up.  All of the channels above I could do without.  Only ones I watched at least once in awhile were ESPN, ESPN 2, and the NFL Network, but no way do I believe they were giving a fair price to their customers, and I don't like being overcharged.  The cable companies allowed them to get away with it, especially ESPN.

The Hallmark Channel obviously was beloved by many and was only costing $.06 per subscriber.  Even if they wanted $.25 it would have been worth it, considering the channel lineup.  Sorry, but most of the channels are not ones I cared to watch.  And was infuriated when Al Jazeera was added to the lineup.  I didn't want my money doing to them.  CNN and CNN Headline News should be dropped as well.  That's more than enough to make up for what Hallmark would cost.  Quality over quantity is what the people want. 

My mother's considering going back go Buckeye Cablesystem just to have the Hallmark Channel.  If Buckeye offers a good deal she probably will.  But it'd be easier for her if AT&T and Crown come to terms. 

Hard to know who's in the wrong when we don't know what Crown wants per subscriber, or what AT&T is offering.  If customers knew it was an outlandish price they'd be more understanding.  Considering how long the negotiation has gone on and Crown not responding to the last offer, maybe AT&T should spill the beans, the pricing details of what's been requested and offered. 

Then the employees who read these forums wouldn't have to get frustrated with little old ladies demanding Hallmark back. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

@OhioJB, I emailed Hallmark Channel a month ago and they did not reply to my email. Plus, I submitted a channel request to U-verse for the Hallmark Channel and the Hallmark Movie Channel. What I would do is I would go on some entertainment news pages (examples: Dateline Hollywood, The Hollywood Reporter, Zap2It, TV Guide) on Facebook and Twitter and and post a status update/tweet and/or comment/reply telling people to tell Hallmark to sign a new deal with U-verse (This sounds like a great idea.). Plus, you might could find some people on Facebook (You could do this through 1. the Facebook posting/commenting idea I mentioned above and/or 2. Finds some friends and family members who are on Facebook who want UV to bring back the Hallmark Channels.) and/or here on the U-verse forums who want AT&t to bring back the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel create a Facebook page/Facebook group to start a campaign to tell Hallmark to sign a new deal with U-verse (I might do this.) and have a hashtag tweeting event where you and other people tweet the Hallmark channel official Twitter account telling them to sign a new deal with U-verse. You could also go on some Tech news pages on Facebook and add a comment/status update to tell people but since people who watch TV like to read entertainment news, you might get better results with posting on a entertainment news social media sites.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the info linuxgeek.  I don't expect a reply from Hallmark but I did want them to hear what I had to say,  Would love to know how much they are asking for that AT&T considers unreasonable.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@OhioJB wrote:

Thanks for the info linuxgeek.  I don't expect a reply from Hallmark but I did want them to hear what I had to say,  Would love to know how much they are asking for that AT&T considers unreasonable.

@OhioJB Hallmark USA's Facebook page does respond to Facebook messages (messenger).  You may not like what they say but it's a start.  You could comment on every Hallmark USA post with "but not on U-Verse."  

This is another reminder to check channel lineups before switching.  Sorry about that....  Many don't and it's always AT&T's, lol.  Hope it's resolved, soon!  Ny wife misses them, too.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

9 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@OhioJB wrote:

@OhioJB Hallmark USA's Facebook page does respond to Facebook messages (messenger).  You may not like what they say but it's a start.  You could comment on every Hallmark USA post with "but not on U-Verse."  

This is another reminder to check channel lineups before switching.  Sorry about that....  Many don't and it's always AT&T's, lol.  Hope it's resolved, soon!  Ny wife misses them, too.

@dhascall -- Got any lotto numbers?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

Yes, I should have double checked the channel lineup before setting my mother up with U-verse.  I was red faced over that one.  Didn't enjoy having to tell me 75 year old mother, whoops, they had it last time I noticed.  Since I didn't watch the channel I hadn't noticed it not being available any longer.  She needed to get rid of Buckeye anyways.  They wouldn't reduce her bill enough from the high price they had creeped it up to.  Hate it when communication companies do that.  That was one reason I had to give up U-verse tv myself, but not the only reason.

As I post this I just noticed something to the right of this box:  Latest post:  "AT&T U-verse to launch Hallmark Channel and Hallmark...", from one of the employees.  Sounds like they reached an agreement.  Will read that post after I finish this. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@OhioJB wrote:

Yes, I should have double checked the channel lineup before setting my mother up with U-verse.  I was red faced over that one.  Didn't enjoy having to tell me 75 year old mother, whoops, they had it last time I noticed.  Since I didn't watch the channel I hadn't noticed it not being available any longer.  She needed to get rid of Buckeye anyways.  They wouldn't reduce her bill enough from the high price they had creeped it up to.  Hate it when communication companies do that.  That was one reason I had to give up U-verse tv myself, but not the only reason.

As I post this I just noticed something to the right of this box:  Latest post:  "AT&T U-verse to launch Hallmark Channel and Hallmark...", from one of the employees.  Sounds like they reached an agreement.  Will read that post after I finish this. 

Yeah, well, Hallmark HAD BEEN GONE since Sept. 2010 but yes, it's back.

It started today, 7/23 but your mom's boxes will need to be re-booted in order for Hallmark to appear.

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

9 years ago

You shouldnt need to reset the Receivers at all, unless there is a communication to the Video Hub for getting the guide information. However that shouldnt stop you from going to the channel directly just prevent you from seeing the channel in the TV Guide.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@ji785s wrote:

You shouldnt need to reset the Receivers at all, unless there is a communication to the Video Hub for getting the guide information. However that shouldnt stop you from going to the channel directly just prevent you from seeing the channel in the TV Guide.

I don't know nuthin' bout no Video Hub but Hallmark is not showing up on the box I have NOT rebooted and it IS on the BR TV that I rebooted last night.  If I press 1366, it goes to Oxygen 1368.  I even went to 'hide channels' to see if it was there so I could put a check next to it but it was not. 

That's alls I knows.....I'm going to reboot my other boxes now.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

9 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@ji785s wrote:

I don't know nuthin' bout no Video Hub but Hallmark is not showing up on the box I have NOT rebooted and it IS on the BR TV that I rebooted last night.  If I press 1366, it goes to Oxygen 1368.  I even went to 'hide channels' to see if it was there so I could put a check next to it but it was not. 

That's alls I knows.....I'm going to reboot my other boxes now.

I wonder if they are referring to the RG?

Anywhoo @skeeterintexas I had to do a restart on two boxes  and haven't checked the third (DVR) box.  But I now have them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.