For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
em.e.white's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 4:04 PM

Closed

UVerse keeps freezing, losing signal

While I'm watching tv, the channel continues to freeze and then say the signal has been lost. It comes back within a minute or two, but is super frustrating because it's happening every few minutes. Some channels are worse than others. If I play on demand or a recording it doesn't do it, it's only with the live tv so it's super frustrating. Any ideas?

Community Support

• 

231.8K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @em.e.white,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having with your TV service. We recommended checking out this article. It has some troubleshooting steps that may help. If you continue to have trouble, we recommend downloading our myATT app from the app store or texting myATT to 8758 to receive a link to download it. It allows you to troubleshoot in the palm of your hand quickly and easily. You can even setup a technician appointment.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

mine does the same thing.  has this been resolved or you still having this issue ?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My U-verse has been freezing and losing its signal since I first got it months ago & still to this day it works like a piece of garbage. I've had three technician appointments, they checked inside the house, downstairs in the buildings garage, plus twice they checked down the street where there are some cable boxes apparently. They replaced the receivers inside the house & replaced the Residential gateway as well and nothing works. Every time I am having a conversation with AT&T customer service they say that they will fix the problem so this never happens again (which is obviously a script they read off of) they reset my modem and run a test on my signal strength and they say everything is working fine. Well, obviously not. They have no ideas on how to actually fix the problem, they really have no clue why this is happening since they try the same thing over and over again. Next stop is to cancel the service and go with Comcast or another company. Can't wait until they buy Time Warner so they can screw up the Harry Potter franchise by putting an AT&T logo where Harry's scar is now. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We have the same problemexcept with all tv programs (live, on demand and recordings) and have also had 3 techs out with no true resolution. We were told it was because we had our router running through their router that was installed in our home (wasn’t aware of this). Its not like our internet is too slow either because we supposedly have the top internet connection. I’m starting to understand how I’m now saving 100+ a month compared to directv (same company). The WiFi is so bad I can’t even have my phone connected to to it. I’m so tired of being told everything is running fine when it’s not, they also won’t give any sort of credit because I don’t call in every time this happens, I’m not sure about anyone else but I have a life and can’t afford to spend every waking minute I’m using my service on the phone with AT&T. I’m so close to telling them to shove every bit of service because it isn’t good, actually it’s even worse now that Comcast is moving out of the area (can you say monopoly!!)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

I am with you! Nothing but trouble since installing U-Verse EVERYTHING. No wonder saving $100/month from DTV.
Comcast here I come....and I am an AT&T retiree

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Has anyone had this issue resolved? I've been dealing with it for several weeks now. The AT&T people probably think I'm crazy, but after 2 technician visits and several conversations with technical support, I'm STILL having this issue. All new equipment. All new cable run in the backyard. And still no fix. I'm so close to checking out Xfinity...

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

6 years ago

First step, visit your Gateway's configuration and diagnostic pages at http://192.168.1.254/ , click on the broadband tab and look for a table with sync rates, Attenuation, SNR and error counts.  Take a screen shot and paste it into a reply to this thread for the community's analysis.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I’m having the same problem with freezing for like 10 seconds, all day every day. At least about 10 Times an hour. Never ever had issues with U-verse in 8 or so years of service. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Dianesther wrote:

I’m having the same problem with freezing for like 10 seconds, all day every day. At least about 10 Times an hour. Never ever had issues with U-verse in 8 or so years of service. 

@Dianesther, this happens because of a communications issue between your Receiver and the AT&T network. It could be many places along the way, inside your home or out.  The first thing to do is to try to figure out if it's inside our outside your home.  So, check the U-verse Gateway to see if it's reporting errors.  http://192.168.1.254/ , broadband tab, look for the table with sync rates, attenuation, SNR and error counts.  If the Gateway's not seeing errors then it's between it and your Receivers.  If it's seeing errors, then the issue is between it and the AT&T network; you'll likely have to get a tech out to check the line.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

So what are good numbers for the items requested in the table?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

DSL Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.