Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
em.e.white's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 4:04 PM

Closed

UVerse keeps freezing, losing signal

While I'm watching tv, the channel continues to freeze and then say the signal has been lost. It comes back within a minute or two, but is super frustrating because it's happening every few minutes. Some channels are worse than others. If I play on demand or a recording it doesn't do it, it's only with the live tv so it's super frustrating. Any ideas?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m having same issues as many others. Broadband stats indicate FEC errors downstream. Have a DVR box connected to tv (amd modem/router). Have another wireless box in bedroom. Both have same issue where they lose signal periodically for a couple mins. U-Verse Service is two weeks old and been doing this since day one. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having this issue as well. Mutliple chats and a tech out. Replaced my network modem and it didn't help. I've done all the resets. Texted the tech and his last advice was to take the TV receiver and modem off my power conditioner and put them on a surge protector. About to try this, but I can't see how it'd help.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Hard wire EVERYTHING with TV'S. They won't admit it, but streaming the service doesn't work. Everybody else's stuff works, but not Uverse. Equipment is crap.. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same problem.  Every 2 minutes and 40 seconds, the picture freezes.  If I leave it long enough, the "lost uverse signal" page comes up.  Otherwise, I can switch channels and everything is fine until the 2 minutes and 40 seconds have passed.  I have had 2 different techs out 2 weeks apart...now it is worse that ever.  Started with my coax connected box (living room), switched it out, same problem.  Moved a wireless box to same location, same problem.  Moved another wireless box to the location, same problem.  The DVR box connected to the gateway NEVER has a problem.  I have restarted services, no effect.  Rebooted the gateway, no effect. 

I have two routers connected to the gateway, one is the original AT&T router, and the other is a NetGear AC1200.  Almost all traffic is on the NetGear.  I have guests accessing the att router when at my home.  I've had this for a while now, with no problems.  We kept losing wifi connection to the at&t router, so I connected the netgear, with approval from an at&t tech at my home.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Has there been any change in a strong electrical current near your equipment? I discovered the root of my freezing problem was a ceiling light switch that was in the "on" position with the light bulb burned out. All my equipment was plugged into an outlet on the same wall, current, as the light switch. As soon as I turned the switch off the problem was solved. Seems weird but I figured it out and not with the help of AT&T.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I checked it, to no avail. One other thing I tried is switching out the surge protector, which also did not help.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

here are mine, just started having this problem this week. any thoughts? 

Capture.jpg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

These sort of issues indicate a communications problem between your receivers and the AT&T network.

1. Does this happen on live TV, recordings or both?  --- BOTH for me
  2. Does this happen on all receivers, or just some? ------ ALL for me both my hardlined ethernet box and my wireless box
  3. How are your receivers connected to the AT&T Gateway? (Wirelessly, Coax or Ethernet Cable?  If Ethernet, any switches or routers in use?)   ---- ETHERNET, its a direct cat5e cable wired to the att modem right next to it. 
  4. How strong is your signal from AT&T at the Gateway? (go to linl click on the Broadband tab and look for a table of statistics with Sync rates, attenuation, SNR, and error counts.  Make a screencap of that table and post in a reply for our analysis.)  ----- posted that just above this reply. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

"I am having the same problem.  Every 2 minutes and 40 seconds, the picture freezes.  If I leave it long enough, the "lost uverse signal" page comes up.  Otherwise, I can switch channels and everything is fine until the 2 minutes and 40 seconds have passed."

...this is EXACTLY what mine is doing, EXACT same symptoms. Doesn't matter if it is my wired ethernet receiver or my wireless receiver. it seems like some kind of buffering 'glitch' in the signal. if the channel is change and the 'buffer' is reset, it goes away. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.