For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
underwoodlucky's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Thursday, July 16th, 2015 11:49 PM

How Many Wireless Receivers Can You Have?

There is 3 Tv's all have HDMI. It seems to me you can only have 2 Wireless Receivers? I guess to hope the 3rd TV is wireless? 2 Tv's in the house & one in the Garage (Man Cave). Now what is the Access Point? Wifi Spot? Wifi Extender? Thanks...

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

U-verse is fed from the street via telephone drop wire to cat5 to the modem(RG). Prefered distribution in the house is cat5 network cable.

Once upon a tiime COAX was reused & supplemented. It may work well & may not. Each install is determined by the tech.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Ahhhh. yes, aerial telephone wire cable. The heavy duty wire I think 2 pair 22 gauge.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

Ok. Now I know what to expect...Thanks...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I called att and told them I wish to add a third wireless receiver in my home. They said it would be absolutely no problem and are sending me an additional receiver and an additional access point.  They said since I have u300 package it would all be free and no monthly charge. They put this in writing for me and I’m waiting for the package to arrive now ( they said two days)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

Post #4 in this thread should offer more current information.  This thread is over 3 years old and some of the info is outdated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.