Explore & discover

Helpful Links

how many wireless receivers does Uverse support?

Contributor

how many wireless receivers does Uverse support?

i have a wired DVR and 2 wireless TV receivers. i would like to get at least 1 more wireless, or even 2. Obviously i know there will be an additional monthly charge for each box, but does Uverse support 3 or 4 wireless receivers? 

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: how many wireless receivers does Uverse support?

as an FYI, i have 1 room that is pre-wired with coax that i might be able to use and free-up a wireless receiver. Is this as simple as ordering another wired receiver from ATT and using the coax? Or will this require a trip out from a technician.

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Master

Older WAP have a limit of 2 wireless receivers.   Newer ones can have more (not sure how many).  You could connect additional receivers via cat5 to the gateway.

Do all those TV's need wireless at the same time?  If not you could just move around the wireless receivers you already have on an as-needed basis.

What is your current profile?  There is a max limit of 4 HD streams at any one time if your profile can handle it.

Check this thread out.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Employee
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎06-05-2017 6:30 PM

WAP 401 can only support 2 wireless receivers.

WAP 501 or 2500 can support up to (5)....

Need a newer model gateway as well.

The first two units should be 7005 WiFi receivers, the other unit(s) should be either 7105 or 2500.

Normally order the units thru SALES, $49 per unit one time charge plus $10 per month.

Note: WiFi range can be limited... Need (3) bars to work.

Any request for a hardwired receiver either on coax or Ethernet is a $99 service call, plus the $10 per month.

The wireless receivers can function as hardwired on Ethernet.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support