For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
mustang50's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, December 27th, 2017 4:13 PM

6 hd streams?

Hi I'm new here. I had my fiber install a few weeks back. The installer gave me a Cisco ISB 7500 DVR. I did a chat and asked if I should have a Pace 8110 as it said on my original order.

She said she could exchange it. I made sure to ask for the 8110. She said OK. 

Today I got the DVR they sent...BUT it was an Arris VIP 2250 not a pace 8110.

My question is with my new fiber install shouldn't I have 6 HD streams?  And does the VIP 2250 support 6?

U300 TV &1000 Internet & Phone

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

It's not the dvr that limits the number of streams.  It's your profile.   Click the following sequence on you uverse remote:

menu->options->system->system information->system resources (streams, bandwidth cap)

And you might want to also take a look at this to understand some of this stuff.

So I assume you have 0 SD/4 HD in your profile.  Maybe the bandwidth (fiber or no fiber) is limiting the 6 HD profile.  Or maybe it's just an mistake and they can change it up.  There have been threads in these forums where user's had 6 HD and it was mysteriously reduced to 4 so they had to complain to get it back.  I don't recall the details but you can try calling tech support to see if they can raise and/or PM'ing @ATTU-verseCare.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.