For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
smg5769's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 1st, 2014 6:25 AM

Internet Speed Offered

I currently have Max Turbo 24mbps internet speed and am charged $71.00 for this service. While checking AT&T's offerings on their webpage, I saw they are now offering 45mbps speed for $69. Being a long time Uverse customer willing to pay for the fastest speed, how do I get the 45mbps uverse internet speed?

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@smg5769@  wrote:

I currently have Max Turbo 24mbps internet speed and am charged $71.00 for this service. While checking AT&T's offerings on their webpage, I saw they are now offering 45mbps speed for $69. Being a long time Uverse customer willing to pay for the fastest speed, how do I get the 45mbps uverse internet speed?

As far as getting the price you want, that is a horse of a different color. Many things can affect what you'll end up paying, like, are you under a contract for your 24Mbps (early termination fee may apply), and does that $69 price only apply to "new" customers.

If you're residence is capable of getting that speed, all you should have to do is go online to change your service.

Or you can call the Retention Department. The quickest way in is to call the 800-288-2020 number, confirm your phone number when it asks (if calling from your home), and then just keep saying "none of those" to the rest of the prompts (be very persistent) and it will connect you to a real human within a minute or two. Tell them to transfer you to the Retention Department. They've always been able to help me keep my prices in check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Computer-Joe wrote:

If you're residence is capable of getting that speed, all you should have to do is go online to change your service.

That's a bit of an oversimplification.  If your home is in an area that offers power, your VRAD has the ports available and there is a second pair available to your drop (i.e. your residence is capable of getting that speed), an installer will still need to come make the connections and install/confirm a Cat5e home run from the NID to the RG with two good pair and provide you with the NVG 589.

This is in contrast to what would happen if you just wanted to switch from 6 to 12, when you could just go online, make a change order and it would magically change.

So, you would need to schedule a technician visit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.