For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
cuttiecandy2's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 12th, 2015 12:34 AM

Can I just pay my monthly until end of my contrat to avoid high termination fee?

Hi,

I had this U-verse package deal for less than a year & my contract will be expire on 09/15/2015. I called & asked how long I can put on hold until I move to my own place, they said 2 months max.

Here is the thing. I really like AT&T and I really don't want to close the account but I will need more than 2 months hold. My next place... I am renting a room so I won't have my own service set.

I don't mind paying it without using the service to avoid high term fee. It will be cheaper for me to pay my monthly.  But seems like AT&T won't let me do that.

So I have to transfer my service or pay termination fee or find someone who will take over my contract.

What is my real option??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@cuttiecandy2 wrote:

Hi,

I had this U-verse package deal for less than a year & my contract will be expire on 09/15/2015. I called & asked how long I can put on hold until I move to my own place, they said 2 months max.

Here is the thing. I really like AT&T and I really don't want to close the account but I will need more than 2 months hold. My next place... I am renting a room so I won't have my own service set.

I don't mind paying it without using the service to avoid high term fee. It will be cheaper for me to pay my monthly.  But seems like AT&T won't let me do that.

So I have to transfer my service or pay termination fee or find someone who will take over my contract.

What is my real option??

Sorry, but CS gave wrong information.  Vacation hold is a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 9 months.  Sign up HERE

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

9 years ago

@my thoughts wrote:

Option 2, someone assumes your account..... BAD, your still responsible for payments and charges. This could potentially affect both credit score and future options in live where credit score is considered including future housing and employment opportunities.

This portion is not correct. If someone assumes an account correctly (a supercede), they become the new owner of the account (i.e. their SS# is on file, their credit is checked, etc.)

Of course, the two parties have to work together on this, so it will only work if you know the person moving into the old place.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.