For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
RCSMG's profile

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

Friday, May 4th, 2012 1:08 AM

A Streams Question

Isn't it possible to watch VOD when 4 streams are recording?  I thought this was possible.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

12 years ago

As far as I understand, that is not possible because four shows being recorded means that four streams are in use for downloading the shows to the DVR.  Video on Demand is a separate channel and, thus, separate download.  Therefore, it would require a fifth stream to be used if four others are already being used.  Considering that most U-Verse installations are limited to four streams, you are out of luck with finding a fifth stream for Video on Demand in this situation.  What you can do, if I recall correctly, is watch previously recorded shows from the DVR while four streams are in use as the DVR sends the recorded shows through the local network and does not need to utilize any of the channels from across the WAN port.  Therefore, you could be recording four shows and watching four previously recorded shows at the same time.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@RCSMG wrote:

Isn't it possible to watch VOD when 4 streams are recording?  I thought this was possible.

Sorry, you must have Uverse mixed up with the Dish Hopper. Smiley Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.