For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
sonej4's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Monday, June 29th, 2015 11:00 PM

Slow internet speeds and videos freezing

Speedtest.jpgWe currently have 45M service and are only getting around 15M download speeds from multiple devices both wired and wireless. Can we have someone take a look at our service to see what the problem is? The issue started a few days ago.

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

I have noticed for the past several months that youtube is nearly unusable at all anymore.  Also our Netflix has taken to dropping connection three to four times an hour when watching shows.  Just netflix.. we wait a while and it comes back up with a crappy picture for a few minutes, then goes back to the normal HD picture.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am having the same issue....2 AT& T technicians later.   Finally they say the problem is the card.  We are unable to watch any TV while surfing the internet without the TV freezing.  If I stream something over the internet, I lose my connection all together.  This has to be a known issue by AT&T.  So frustrating!!!  My download speed is  8.1 and I am paying for 18.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

We had the same type of issue over a year ago and the technician found one of the pairs running to the house was shorted. We have not had any problems until we went on vacation last week and since we returned home the speeds have been terrible. I hope things get worked out soon. I was thinking of switching to the 75M option to see if it helps, but not sure at this point.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

I have been hoping AT&T would chime in here. I can actually stream video from my cell phone to my TV using 4g and get better video performance than directly from my UVERSE connection most days anymore.  I think they are throttling certain streaming services such as Netflix, YouTube, etc.. But I heard they just made some agreement with Amazon on their Amazon prime or whatever their video streaming service is called.. wonder if it has something to do with that.... I don't subscribe to Amazon but I just wonder if that service is just as laggy as the others.. hmmmm...

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

I have Amazon and am having the issue when trying to stream with it also. I am consistently getting 15M download speeds even when using their speedtest. We used to get consistent 40+M speeds and am not sure what happened.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

9 years ago

Well.. Maybe AT&T Uverse is trying to tell us something.. Comcast reps are knocking on our door a few times a month. Although I hate the thought of going back to them after all these years of loving my Uverse, I may need to try them out. Who knows, maybe they have resolved all their issues that caused me to leave them in the first place..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.