For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
evrlast985's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 18th, 2012 7:05 PM

AT&T is BLOCKING my site hosted by GoDaddy.com

my website GoBanter.com is hosted through godaddy and I have not been able to access it from any computer at my office and at my house where I have AT&T cable service. Spoke with GoDaddy customer service and they are reporting that it is a problem they are working on fixing with AT&T. 

Can AT&T block certain websites arbitrarily, is this an example of censorship like what they have in China?

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

i'm fully aware of how shared hosting works.  what i want to know is why they thought the problem warranted blocking access to all the shared web sites in order to track down whatever it was they were tracking down.  i'm sure Blue Host was completely capable of finding the culprit without the block.  for that matter, AT&T was the only ISP to block those addresses, so there was still plenty of traffic coming and going.  the block did NOTHING to help solve the problem as far as i can see.  that's my point.  it's like shutting down an interstate highway to find a litterbug.  it's incredible overreach, and totally unwarranted.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

11 years ago

AT&T is all about $$$$$$$$$ ! $uck !!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I am having the same problem with eleven2.com.  I actually develop wesites for a living and this is the second time this has happened to me.  The first time it ended up resolving itself the next day and I assumed it had to with domain propagation or something and didn't worry about it anymore.  I'm not actually sure what host that website was on as my colleague set it up.  This time I'm developing a site that is hosted on eleven2.com and while I was testing the audio files (sermons), all of a sudden I was blocked from the site.  I'm guessing that I made too many "requests" or something.  I've talked extensively with eleven2.com and they said that they can verify that their server is being blocked by AT&T.  Now that this has happened two times I'm convinced that it's AT&T.  And both times other people could access the site who weren't on AT&T.  I've been really happy with AT&T except for this problem and I hope that they address it soon.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Alright, I'm having the same type of issue.

I'm hosted at 000webhost.com and can't even FTP into the site for maintenence. I believe it's the same type of problem with ATT since I can get access with my android phone.

I really just want someone else with ATT to test it and see if it really is an ATT problem and not a localized router issue. My site is www.BGSpeaks.com

Thanks in advance.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

10 years ago

Correct, I'm not able to reach your site www.bgspeaks.com on AT&T, but I can reach it when connected to a VPN.

It appears AT&T's network has no route to your site's IP address.  I would wager this is because AT&T is blocking route advertisements for this IP address or range.  AT&T does this in cooperation with law enforcement on occasion when hackers, virus writers, or malware needs to be contained.  (Not necessarily with your site, but often with some other server or site at your web hosting company).

You can contact AT&T Customer Care to investigate, but the routes will probably come back after a few days when AT&T is finished with whatever they're doing.

I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT U-Verse Care and someone will get in touch with you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. Please take into account weekends when contacting them.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. List Private Messages

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Alright, thank you very much for your verification. Fun times 🙂

I've got a lot of work to do on my site still. I'm not completely in the dark though, I can connect my computer to my cell phone hotspot to upload from Dreamweaver at least.

Thank you for the advice.  I'll definately escalate it even though I don't expect much quickly. Hopefully it'll at least get on their radar. Like I said, at least I have a backup plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having the same issue.   It's January 2014.

http://transience.me/TD

Works great anywhere but ATT.

Its my resume site,  so 24000 wifi networks can't access my resume. Wt heck?

Also, hilariously, just tried to submit this post and recieved:

"The message body contains the following prohibited content: Wt*. You must remove this content before submitting your post."

Censor much?

Scholar

• 

225 Messages

10 years ago

I can reach that site fine with AT&T Uverse.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Recently Godaddy had an issue on many sites due to an upgrade they were doing. Ever since that time we have been unable to access using att 4g service.

Can anyone verify this issue using thier 4g or att network?

Are there any work arounds for this such as changing ip address in the dns or something?

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

My site is also blocked by AT&T. lpc.t15.org PLEASE help! Site IP Adress: 93.188.160.94 The server Name: server25.freehostingnoads.net Server IP: 31.170.166.29 PLEASE PLEASE Help me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.