For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Big C Style's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 11:25 PM

Wireless Receiver "Jitters" Every 10 Seconds

I had U-Verse installed yesterday. I'm having a problem with the wireless receiver having get a slight "jitter" or have a "flash" every 10 seconds or so. It's kind of hard to describe but it's most obvious when static images are on screen such as station logos or score bugs. It happens on the entire interface (menu, guide, etc) and not just the TV feed so it's not a signal strength problem. I've tried using both HDMI and component with no change.

My father had U-Verse installed today and I went over to check it out, and sure enough, his wireless receiver has the exact same issue. it doesn't affect the wired DVR.

Is this a known issue that can be fixed with a firmware update or this "normal?" I need the wireless for where my TV is placed. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
Big C Style -Whether or not it worked correctly, the nxt step is call for a new receiver. Your wired test eliminates the wi-fi. IT is a basic fault in the receiver(STB).

He's already done that.  He's on his second (see post 14).  The same problem also occurs at a relative's house.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

JefferMC - I realize that. They need to keep trying til they get a good one.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

Okay, but out of a sample of 3 (or is it 4) boxes, they all do it.   Pretty soon they'll be sending him back the first box again.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I'm at a friend's house for the Super Bowl right now. Guess what? The wireless receiver does the same thing! The wired DVR in the living room is good, just like mine. Looks like this is the norm. I am very disappointed that these wireless receivers are flawed and all like this. This is just terrible.

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same exact problem!!

I have 3 tv's on Uverse. 1 hardwired to a hidef tv. Works fine. 1 wireless to a hidef tv, has the problem. 1 wireless to old tube style tv, has the problem. None of the tv's are running hidef mode to get the problem, just std channels in std tv mode. Also tried the matching hidef channels in hidef tv mode and same.

Already rebooted the wireless box, both wireless receivers as well as the residental gateway.

Was about to post this same problem but see someone else has it. Since it happens on both hidef and tube tv's I doubt it's anything to do with the tv's. Few weeks ago had the tv's with the wireless boxes hardwired but the entire service went goofy with extreme pixleation and screen lockups. Service guys said putting in wireless units was quicker for them then replacing wires.

Side note:After they put in the new wireless boxes, ATT raised my rate $30, nothing to do with the boxes. Contacted billing and they told me I'm not comitted to any plan so they raised my rates and won't do anything to reduce it. Told me if I don't like it go to Comcast.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

They really should address the fact that the wireless receiver is only 720p capable in their marketing/sign ups. I got the service solely for the wireless receiver and it has been wholly disappointing.

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

10 years ago

720p doesn't work on my system. I tried all the screen options and each has the same problem.

I guess having the service guy come out won't get it fixed since you already got replacement receivers.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Did this issue ever get resolved? I just got a wireless STB from U-Verse in the Mail yesterday, ISB7005, and I'm also getting the jitter every 10 seconds. Could this be a gateway or stb issue or it is something on my end with the picture display (1080i) ? . This is a non-HD tv and its doing it also, through the RCA's. Doesn't matter what type of picture I try

Any idea?

Thanks

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

No, this was never resolved and never will be as long as they're using the ISB7005. I've personally seen SEVEN of these receivers with the same problem. Support was no help and told me that this is not an issue (which it is). They also said that there is no other model receiver in my area when I asked for one.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Wow. Hmm
Thanks for replying

I just spoke to AT&T and they said that this issue is in regards to an AT&T line problem and nota box issue?? that comes into the house somewhere and they sent me a replacement gateway (they couldn't tell me which version or model) and I'll install that and let you know how it goes. It's giving me a headache trying to watch TV with this jumping.... Let's try to narrow this down.

You've said 7 different ones?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.