Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 6, 2014
5:30:43 PM
View profile
Does UVerse make an energy star box?

I have 6 uverse boxes one with a dvr and they are always running. I can only imagine the amount of electricty they use even when not in use. Is there an energy star option instead of putting them all on power strips and planning ahead to flip them on 5 minutes so it can load before I want to watch tv?

I have 6 uverse boxes one with a dvr and they are always running. I can only imagine the amount of electricty they use even when not in use. Is there an energy star option instead of putting them all on power strips and planning ahead to flip them on 5 minutes so it can load before I want to watch tv?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 6, 2014 6:06:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
clementsx - The u-verse boxes go to sleep after a timeout of no activity for eight hours to earn an energy star rating, There is no provision for actually turning them off except for external measures such as you describe.

There is an old thread with numbers on quantity of watt/hours consumed or you can get a meter to measure it. Your library may have some to loan.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Does UVerse make an energy star box?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 6, 2014 6:06:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
clementsx - The u-verse boxes go to sleep after a timeout of no activity for eight hours to earn an energy star rating, There is no provision for actually turning them off except for external measures such as you describe.

There is an old thread with numbers on quantity of watt/hours consumed or you can get a meter to measure it. Your library may have some to loan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Does UVerse make an energy star box?

2 of 4 (377 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 7:02:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jun 6, 2014 at 7:46:14 PM

I probably should have added that you cannot deprive the RG & the DVR of power if you expect to make recordings at any time.

Edited to conform to skeeters clarification - Thanks Skeeter.

I probably should have added that you cannot deprive the RG & the DVR of power if you expect to make recordings at any time.

Edited to conform to skeeters clarification - Thanks Skeeter.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (368 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 7:29:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jun 6, 2014 at 7:32:34 PM

aviewer wrote:
I probably should have added that you cannot turn off the RG & the DVR if you expect to make recordings at any time.

To clarify aviewers post:  You do not have to leave the DVR on (plugged in but not powered up) but you should leave the RG on at all times regardless of if you're recording or not.

aviewer wrote:
I probably should have added that you cannot turn off the RG & the DVR if you expect to make recordings at any time.

To clarify aviewers post:  You do not have to leave the DVR on (plugged in but not powered up) but you should leave the RG on at all times regardless of if you're recording or not.

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (362 Views)