For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
clementsx's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 7th, 2014 12:30 AM

Does UVerse make an energy star box?

I have 6 uverse boxes one with a dvr and they are always running. I can only imagine the amount of electricty they use even when not in use. Is there an energy star option instead of putting them all on power strips and planning ahead to flip them on 5 minutes so it can load before I want to watch tv?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

clementsx - The u-verse boxes go to sleep after a timeout of no activity for eight hours to earn an energy star rating, There is no provision for actually turning them off except for external measures such as you describe.

There is an old thread with numbers on quantity of watt/hours consumed or you can get a meter to measure it. Your library may have some to loan.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I probably should have added that you cannot deprive the RG & the DVR of power if you expect to make recordings at any time.

Edited to conform to skeeters clarification - Thanks Skeeter.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
I probably should have added that you cannot turn off the RG & the DVR if you expect to make recordings at any time.

To clarify aviewers post:  You do not have to leave the DVR on (plugged in but not powered up) but you should leave the RG on at all times regardless of if you're recording or not.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.