Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
irishpoet's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 8:18 AM

AT&T Passport - doesn't work in Australia

My wife and I each bought a $40 AT&T Passport, 30-day plan at our local AT&T store.  It was supposxed to work in Australia - it had eight months ago in France - but we are unable to use our phones at all.  We visited four local phone stores and an Apple store.  Every person we spoke with was bewildered and the Appole clerk went on-line and we read that Passport doesn't work in Australia.  We feel we have been mistreated.  Pleasse advise by return e-mail.  I will check this posting tomorrow for an answer.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@irishpoet Read where that it doesn't work?

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/international/global-countries.html

Are they the same phones you had 8 months ago?

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

@irishpoet Did you also go online and turn on the "Pay per use" feature? You need that as well as the international plan. To use data, you also need to turn on data raoming on the device itself.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I know passport works in Australia, I have used it there. Since you are posting in the prepaid forum, do you have gophone service? If so, that's why. Gophone does not support international roaming other than Canada and Mexico. If you have gophone, you shouldn't have even been able to purchase a passport plan.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

7 years ago

Good catch @sandblaster. I missed that little detail because he said it worked 8 months ago in France. But maybe he has changed from post-paid to pre-paid since then.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.