For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
SkyRanch's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 11:26 PM

My Subdivision Wants AT&T UVerse!

Hello AT&T,

I live in a large subdivision and virtually everyone here wants UVerse. Because we live on top of a mountain, our only option is satelitte Internet which pales in comparison.

I could provide a large number of signatures with a commitment to sign up for service if AT&T would make the commitment to provide service.

How do we make this work?

J.L. Todd
35050 Sky Ranch Rd.
Carmel Valley CA 93924

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

9 years ago

First you need to be in a Uverse market, a local VHO (video hob office) already exists with service in nearby area. For Wisconsin three such hubs exist, Milwaukee serving 6 counties in SE WI, Madison serving several counties around state capitol, and Green Bay serving the upper NE of WI. While not sure if each market serves six counties I will use this as so, total of 18 counties (25%) out of possible 72 can receive some form of Uverse possible many outlying areas are adsl2+ internet or internet VoIP from .75M to 18M with no TV service.

Second need population density and willing community/government, San Fransisco citizens have been protesting/suing to stop Uverse development for several years.

http://broadbandcouncil.ca.gov/general.aspx?id=75

Third, helps if local developer or community has a person representing 200+ possible accounts in a central area (1 mile or less) contact AT&T Connect Communities.

http://communities.att.com.

Please be aware the company does not make public future build/expansion plans.

At the completion of Project VIP (12/2015) 34 million (43%) locations will have the options of Uverse triple play services including TV, while another 32% will have hardwired adsl2+ services for internet/phone. The remaining 25% or 19 million addresses will have the option of the mobility product using 4G LTE for internet/phone.

As Project VIP replaced Project Light speed and Uverse is only 8 years expect another Project will be announced later this year for 2016-2018 expansion to bring Uverse to a greater percent of customer footprint.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.