For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
garyxphr's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, August 28th, 2015 8:50 AM

Getting U-Verse Phone and Internet on the 5th installed, question.

I don't know if I posted in the right forum or not, but was wondering a couple of things about U-Verse Internet and Phone.    

Will the phone and internet go out easy with U-Verse if it's storming / heavy rain or snow?  

And if power goes out, would that knock out U-Verse completely as well?  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@garyxphr- U-verse will not go down easy. as long as the physical structure is intact the signal will be intact.

A few years ago a major thunderstormtook down a blue spruce tree that took down the drop wire cutting off service. I reconnected the broken drop on the ground & it worked fine until a tech could put up a new drop. The hard wire POTS line was on th same drop.

U-verse does require electricity at the house & at the VRAD. The VRAD has batteries & att has provided portable generator athe VRAD (three or four days during a blizzard).

At home, there is a battery(I think that is being phased out) for the RG. It would be up to you to add batteries for other boxes & generator for long term electric outage.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Nice, thanks for the reply.  Was worried about it would be like sattilite internet(which I'm using now till the 5th) and would go out easy during heavy/strong storms.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.