For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
1slyphantom's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 2:13 AM

Why is AT&T Locker being discontinued?

I love(d) AT&T Locker. I just recently renewed my service with AT&T without doing any shopping around largely because of access to AT&T Locker, one of the services I have come to depend on, which I just discovered was being discontinued. Naturally the guy at the AT&T store didn't mention a thing regarding this (im sure he had some idea of this given how much knowledge of the phones and network he did have). I want to know the reason for this, does it save AT&T a few pennies here and there or am I the only one out there that uses this?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

While it may shoot 4k what are you watching it on.... Its not like the iPhones crappy lcd can display 4k

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

A 4K TV... They're pretty cheap nowadays.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 Absolutely, the locker was only for mobile devices. Google photos is for everything.

This thread directing them to a photo site the isn't mobile only and saying unlimited, I'm just correctly pointing out a minor limitation to that site. 

We point out the limitations of some of the AT&T "unlimited" plans all the time, I'm not sure why my pointing this accurate information about this limitation is a problem.

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
While it may shoot 4k what are you watching it on.... Its not like the iPhones crappy lcd can display 4k

And while you're using it to take another shot at iPhones, it is another limitation of Google Photos, it also downscales the video from phones NOT just DLSRs.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 Absolutely, the locker was only for mobile devices. Google photos is for everything.  

@Gary L What do you mean by that? I used Locker as a backup for all my photos. Everything I uploaded to Locker was from my PC.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@Gary L wrote:

@Gary L What do you mean by that? I used Locker as a backup for all my photos. Everything I uploaded to Locker was from my PC.

Sorry. I was just being polite and agreeing with @GLIMMERMAN76 from # 30. (I should have said MAINLY and not ONLY) 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

How can I move all of my pictures, contacts, and other information to a new acct. from AT&T Locker. I would just die if I lost all of my stuff, especially my pictures. Please, Please help me. Thank you so much in advance.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Will AT&T provide a method or version you can uninstall or are we stuck with useless software on our phones

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I don't know much about this and looking for free Storage that is reliable,not fraudulent, without hidden details, we're you can lose everything. Who's smart here? and knows the answer..

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@AnimalloverA-1  Read the thread, especially post 5 and 26.  That's what the forum is here for.  Not just to ask questions and complain, but to post what worked for other people. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

So first of all i would like to state that I questioned why att got rid of it because i loved it ! I use different platforms for different reasons although google does the same thing email, cloud storage, back up text/call logs etc. Its more of a security issue i dont want everything backed up in one place easily accessable by one login and one password.... now all of my private life was obtained in one breach. Yes most would say hey but i dont have to remember all of those "logins&Passwords" but its truly for security reasoning.... i have tried several different services and some of them are more efficient than others be it if it does the same thing people have options so they have preferences.... and sometimes i dont like the platform because of how its built,, for example the text message preset in cell phones when you buy them,, i always find another app that i like that looks better thats just me ,, anyways moral of this is we are human we are made to adjust ! Youll either get over the change or if you want to change service because of them taking away the locker then you reserve that right you work hard for your money and you pay for what you want. (Ive been with att for over 15 years since they bought out cingular) i believe it was a key part of me staying with att (although i downloaded on other company's too as i had a second phone which was for work) everything dealing with my phone was in one place when i set up a new device i just logged in and **BAM** att spoiled us and hooked us up ... (i changed devices a lot it was more than cinvenient for me) as for everyone else its not just that easy to leave something you found that works so well and go to something else like yes google is out there and offers this and that but i dont want that info backed up in my email ... thats where your text and call logs are.... its tidious and unorganized... yeah you can search and find what your looking for but fact is its unorganized.... i love google i use the google drive for school and business purposes, i love my safty i love my different account log ins and i loved and was married to ATT locker as it was organized one of the only ones that is and stores exactly what it needs. im  a very satisfied and valued customer.... people just wanted an answer to a question if it saves money say that,, if not enough people were usin it say that... and though it may sound silly you cant judge or accuse just because you dont know the reason for their logic, feelings, and concerns...its still a free country, we still reserve the right to ask questions(although we cant demand an answer), and theres no such thing as a stupid question... not one time did att tell its loyal users why they were doing away with locker ,, they werent obligated to but a customer asked so it made it a valid question not stupid ..... THANK YOU ATT FOR YOUR SERVICE ❤️ and i was upset at first but its just like every relationship we have to compromise 😉 #loyal&satisfied customer

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.