Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
Miokitty's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 9:32 PM

Unlimited Plan throttling - all lines?

I am looking to move to the Unlimited plan with two lines. If one of the lines hits the 22GB threshold, will both lines be throttled, or just the one?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

It would be only the one line and only if network congestion requires it. Many customers report going beyond 22GB with no slowdown.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Miokitty No lines will be throttled, if the tower is overloaded it may experience tempory slowdowns. Many have reported using 100GB+ and never noticing being slowed down.

And it's per line.

Warning, you cannot hotspot / tether with the unlimited plan.

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@Miokitty Running the unlimited plan last month I somehow (and let me stress I had to work to hit this number) hit 42 GB last month... no slowdown or network re-priortization at all on my end, could still stream videos and music and multitask web searches with no issues.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you @sandblaster , @Gary L , and @JohnnyDoe

My main concern is my daughter can easily blow through 22GB a cycle, while I tend to use around 5GB/month. I wanted to make sure if she goes over and a slowdown was warranted, it would only occur on her line and not mine (provided I am not over as well). It sounds like that's the case, so I'll make the switch. Thank you!

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

@Miokitty Definitely won't have to worry if she goes over... the 22 GB threshold is per line like @Gary L mentions above.

If you get really bored, you can read the fine print from ATT which mentions this also.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.