For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
TrinasHot's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 5th, 2019 5:00 AM

Ex keeps remote forwarding my calls

My friend has an iPhone and her ex keeps forwarding her calls to his phone remotely. How can she stop it from happening? And is there a way to disable call forwarding all together?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@TrinasHot There is no way to forward calls remotely I’ve ever heard of. Call forwarding is set up on the phone, so yes it can be turned off. Call forwarding is normally set to forward to voicemail. I suspect, though, this is not call forwarding but “calls on other devices”. Tell your friend to check her phone settings and make sure “calls on other devices” is turned off and that call forwarding is either off or set up to forward calls to voicemail, not some other number.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@TrinasHot I don't know how they could do that remotely. Unless they have her access information and are calling AT&T and having them do it somehow??

The other way to stop it would be a personal protection order, this is definitely harassment. These things generally get worse before they get better.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster Good call. That likely still would have required access to a password to set, but could have been enabled even before they were an ex...?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.