For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
dentaldude's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Friday, December 10th, 2010 4:44 AM

Need Help Please On seting up a email

Can anyone help me ?

I first want to say I have called my IT department and went to the ATT store on more then one occasion and they can't hook up my corporate email to my phone.  However I have a coworker that has the same phone (Samsung) and he is with a Tmoble and the email hooks up - Here is where I need help

I go into setting up my email and I enter in the two pieces of information

I changed one or two letters in my email ect to protect me

My email address is { Personal information removed }

My password XXXXXXXXX

then it takes me to the exchange server settings

It ask me for my domain - to access my email, I go to http://email.henryschen.com

so I type in email.henryschen.com

then my user name - { Personal information removed }

then password xxxxxxx

then in the exchange server email.henryschen.com

then check the first box and not the second

I hit next and it says it cannot connect to server -

Ok this is what gets me - If I go to my outlook express and look under mobile devices - It appears there - So something is working - I also signed up for the corporate data plan and that didn't work -

Has anyone else has this problem - I am open to any suggestions -

Thanks

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

13 years ago

You need the FroYo update on the phone and it will work. You shouldn't have to pay Extra for an app becuase AT&T is late on providing the update to the OS. Samsung has released it AT&T is just late as usual.

To bad ...

Next he's going to suggest you go to XDA or some such or maybe Root your phone and warn against loosing your warranty...LOL

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@pjglassman wrote:

You need the FroYo update on the phone and it will work. You shouldn't have to pay Extra for an app becuase AT&T is late on providing the update to the OS. Samsung has released it AT&T is just late as usual.

To bad ...

Next he's going to suggest you go to XDA or some such or maybe Root your phone and warn against loosing your warranty...LOL

even with out the vaulted froyo update it is recommended to install it - especiually since most of the companies that even allow personal phones (stupid act by the way, if not company owned it has no business being attached to a corporate email system) to connect to a corporate exhange server the first thing that is done on termination is to send the format and erase code from the exchange server console, touchdown segregates corporate information from personal informtion so only the corporate information is removed.

Not going to suggest hacking a phone at all, since our corporate poicy is not to allow personal phones on your network - exchange or wireless and it is immediate termination is a employee roots or jailbreaks a corporate supplied phone, and we will find out since we do a random audit of the corproate owned phones, if it is not in their possesion at the time, security will accompany them to get it.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Where would i get the app at - is there a website for it ?

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

13 years ago

It's in the Android Market. Just do a search for NitroDesk or Touchdown.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Max69 wrote:

It's in the Android Market. Just do a search for NitroDesk or Touchdown.

better to read the instructions on the website first though - www.nitrodesk.com

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

The NitroDesk worked - I have it for free for 30 days - Do you think android will be out with version 2.2 In Jan - I see they have it for the new tab (version 2.2)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.