For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
omrebel's profile

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

Monday, December 2nd, 2013 8:10 PM

Galaxy S3 4.3 - battery drain

Is anyone else experiencing a severe decrease in battery life after getting the 4.3 update? My battery now only lasts about 60% as long as it used to. Also, I am seeing some other annoying things happening. There seems to be initial delays when waking the device up from sleep. I think that is due to how memory is being handle, and a possible bug there. If I have Chome open, turn off the display, then turn it back on, Chrome's page is completely black unless I scroll on it. This seems to be an issue with how memory is being utilized. But, I can live with that. I cannot, however, deal with this horrible battery life of this phone now.

Scholar

• 

206 Messages

10 years ago

UPDATE - Checked with AT&T, again, and they said they haven't heard of any possible fix.

So, not only have I chatted with those that didn't care to even respond, but one that lied to me about a fix being worked on back in January. 

Again, the customers are the ones that have been screwed over and are having to suffer.

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

4.4.2 is official for S3. Att when? The ball is in your court according to Samsung since it is confirmed that they pushed it to the carriers already. Stop playing the crap support game and give a time frame!

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

I had been talking with Marcy B at AT&T through emails and she stated that a fix is being worked on jointly with Samsung and will be released shortly. Now, here's what really will most likely happen. We will have the KitKat update and get the fix that way. I have it through various sources that we will DEFINITELY be getting KitKat. The issue is when. Best guess from all I've heard, most likely by April. The current flagships go first, then us. It sucks. Sticking with my Moto G on 4.4.2 for now.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

10 years ago

@Rdechiara wrote:

I had been talking with Marcy B at AT&T through emails and she stated that a fix is being worked on jointly with Samsung and will be released shortly. Now, here's what really will most likely happen. We will have the KitKat update and get the fix that way. I have it through various sources that we will DEFINITELY be getting KitKat. The issue is when. Best guess from all I've heard, most likely by April. The current flagships go first, then us. It sucks. Sticking with my Moto G on 4.4.2 for now.

I've been hearing rumors on other sites that 4.4.2 should be coming to the S3 between the middle and end of March. Since there isn't a financial incentive this time around like the galaxy gear, we probably won't see it until July. Luckily before then, I'll be upgrade eligible.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

So there will be a fix update soon or Kit Kat is the fix? Cuz Kit Kat release is still far away for sure so I hope there's a fix coming soon. I can persevere with the battery drain but not the unresponsive, slow, lag and brief freezing. I now hesitate to put my phone in landscape mode when typing, browsing, and even using Google map because it will likely freeze half of the time.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

10 years ago

You got that right, Spring / Summer time frame for 4.3 Kit Kat if even that.  When Samsung released their upgrade road map did it say all phones, all carriers were guaranteed?  As someone that has been dealing with smartphones since 2002 I know how those "promises of upgrades" conveniently exclude carrier buy-in.  The carrier is the last word as we unfortunately know by now.

my old s3 doesn't seem to be experiencing this since the last update.  Battery was always not the best to begin with though.   Started with 4.1.2 or whatever the last release was.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Don't bother doing a wipe and starting over - makes no difference what so ever with any of the issues - no improvement to battery life - drops 50% in 4hrs (2a-6a) and phone wasn't touched and I cleared ram before print it down...
Did not resolve chrome black page on screen wake issue -
Did not fix gallery hang issue -
did not fix "show charge issue"

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I'm not an Att employee or fan but I will say this, or isn't then in this case - it's issues between Samsung and Google - worldwide the complaints I've been reading here are not exclusive to 4.3 jelly bean on Att - all carriers are getting complaints on this - even international versions

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

kz121.xp, you are correct. The problem is on all S3 models and all carriers, here and overseas. I know because I have friends on Sprint having the same issues and I've seen the reports on the other carriers. The International version got hit even worse. I'm sticking with my Moto G, which is doing splendid on KitKat. It even got another update earlier today from Motorola. It's frustrating that I've been using that device for about a month now and it already had two updates direct from the manufacterer and our carrier hasn't done anything to fix a problem that is known and affecting so many loyal customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

10 years ago

This problem is a samsung issue and is not limited to at&t .

The last update changed a lot of functions.  

Dig through your settings - all of them - many of the new features a battery and data chewers.

bluetooth and GPS are regularly turned on, when not needed, I usually keep them off unless 

I need them.  

My GS3 was back to normal in no time after disabling nuisance, new junk.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.