For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Hayden99's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 2nd, 2017 5:09 PM

cant connect to 192.168.1.254

When i try to connect to 192.168.1.254 it wont let me reach the site it says the site has been reset when trying to get to the site... i tried a hard reset but that didnt seem to work...

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

Thanks!

What is your device's IP address (IPCONFIG in CMD window)?

Can you successfully ping it (PING 192.168.1.254 in CMD window)?

Do you have a secondary router in your configuration?  If so, how is your network configured?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

It is 192.168.1.254, I can ping it and get 4 sent 4 received  0 lost max time 1ms, with an average of 0ms. 

I do not have any other routers just the one. 

Thanks, 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

Unplug the router and plug it back in.  That sometimes fixes this issue.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you. That seemed to work.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Try 172.16.0.1 someone my have changed mac address settings.  Type CMD in the search box to open command prompt then type IPCONFIG press enter.  Find the IP address listed as default gateway and try it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi guys,

I do have the same problem. 

When i try with crome browser error code is 192.168.1.254 refused to connect.

is there any solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

5 years ago

@granikos, Do you have an additional router in your network, or have you changed the LAN IP address your gateway uses?  You could try a factory reset of the Gateway.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I don't  have any aditional router. Direct connection to main router with cable. I tried hard reset. But no solution.  when i ping to 192.168.1.254 no lost data. Is there any hidden IP address.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

5 years ago

When it "refuses to connect" what message do you get?

• 

1 Message

@JefferMC  Hey... I know this thread is a bit old, but i'm having a similar issue. Im trying to access the site to port forward for a server. when i open command prompt. the Default gateway is 192.168.1.254. When i try to access the page it says, "Your Internet access is blocked. Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection." I think i enabled it in my antivirus. I'm also connected via ethernet. My mothers computer can access the site, but mine can't. I use to be able to, and none of the settings should have changed. Thanks in advance.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

Would you post a screenshot of that message (including the entire browser window)? Sometimes the additional context helps. Can you get to websites outside your home when this happens (e.g. facebook, twitter, news.google.com)?

[ Be advised that you've posted on a community forum primarily peopled by other customers.  I am not an AT&T Employee.  An AT&T Customer Support rep may or may not ever reply to your post. ]

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

There are some reasons due to which people not access to their router admin panel. Some of the reasons are i) You are misspelling 1 with I in 192.168.1.254. ii) You have changed your router IP address and you forgot it or something like that. First sure you are entering the right IP, then if you forgot your router IP then simply reset your router to its default factory settings by using hard reset method. If nothing works then you can get more help from 192.168.1.254

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.