For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
A-T-T-Worst's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 6th, 2017 4:08 AM

VERY SLOW INTERNET SPEED

Hi I am new to ATT internet, just over 10 days... I was given 25 mbps  speed, but I get onyl about 5 mbps also just now when i send this message it is LESS THAN 1 mbps. Comon ATT what the {edited for word filter evasion} service you are providing?

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same problem, att dont find a solution to this problem, or they dont care only want the customer's monet.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My internet service has been TERRIBLE for a couple of months now. I pay for 45 mbps, and it is useless. Half the time, no one can make anything connect. When you call in, you’re on hold for sometimes 20 minutes or more and then it’s over an hour to tell you they don’t know what is wrong. They just want to reset everything and hope it helps. At what point do you check the problem?!  My tv is Direct TV, and it constantly disconnects from the internet. Now it seems to be permanently disconnected. Can’t seem to do anything to fix it. I try to get on the app to see I can figure things out. Can’t evem make that stupid thing go. It just turns and turns. The minute my contract is up, I’m out. No one seems to be able to help. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I cannot video stream it freezes. I pay for 75mbps when I do a speed test I am lucky to get 20mbps. I have called their office 4 times. They have sent someone out and replaced the router. This is still a issue. When I have asked about Comcast people say the same thing. This needs to be addressed in the courts why they charge a rate amount but you don't receive it.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have same problem, it was ok for first month then started to slow down I have 55inch roku tv this has been dropping wireless connection, I checked speed when connection dropped it showed .5 what am I paying good money for, they won't even allow me to cancel without incurring a penalty, I am only two months into a new contract with fiber and at&t, I have told customer service I am not satisfied with what was promised but to no avail. Clark Howard I am about to call you. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I've been with AT&T for quite some time now and have discovered that this is normal. Right now I'm getting 75kbs (that's right, 75k), and it's ridiculous. It's like getting r@ped and then having to pay for it. Unfortunately, I live in an area where AT&T is my only real choice. My advice is run. Get as far away from this company as possible. As for me, I guess I'll just wait for a couple of hours or so until my internet speeds up again. It's like living in a third-world country. Way to go AT&T.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have been having the same problem for over a year now. I started an upload of 157 photos yesterday at 4:30. This morning 5 of the 150 has uploaded. I had dial up faster than this. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

You can terminate your contact early because AT&T violated their promise in the contract.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Joshue what do you tell them? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

ATT internet speed is atrocious. I pay for the fastest they offer and it is dismally slow. I live in Silicon Valley and you'd think we'd have more choices for fast speed internet. We only have Comcast (with the worst customer service on earth) or ATT (with customer service on the other side of the earth). We HAD Comcast before and they would not fix our service issues (when it would rain, our internet went out) so we vowed not to go back to them. But it seems ATT doesn't care about the product they sell because, well, the competition is pretty low. Whadda deal. I am considering breaking my vow to at least be able to update my website in one evening.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Welcome to my world. After a week of trying to upload about 200 photos I gave up and mailed a disc. Dial up modem is faster.

David
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.