For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
xiaojunch's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 11th, 2014 5:29 PM

Uverse + Asus N56U router drops connection randomly

Hi there,

This problem has been bugging me for months, and cost me days of searching for a solution, but so far I haven't found one. This is the last place I can resort to, which is why I registered here today.

The problem: I have Uverse internet, not sure what the model of the modem is. I use Asus RT N56U in access point mode to use wifi. The wifi on the Uverse modem is disabled. The configuration on N56U router is automatically set to AP mode. Everything works just fine except the router drops connection just randomly, usually every day or two days. The symptom is that the wifi is suddenly disconnected, and cannot be re-connected. Even I try the wire, the connection to the router is not established. But other devices that are wire connected to the Uverse modem still work fine, which means the modem is still working properly.

When the problem first appeared, I searched the internet and thought the problem was in the DHCP part. In my original setting, the range of Uverse modem DHCP was 192.168.0.64-192.168.0.253, and the Asus router was automatically assigned to 192.168.0.67. According to the posts that I saw both here and elsewhere, I should change the router's IP out of the DHCP range of the Uverse modem. So I logged into Asus router and changed its IP to 192.168.1.1. But the problem persists.

The only solution I can do now is to unplug the router and then restart it. It will work for a day or two, then it will just randomly disconnect again.

Any diagonose of this problem? Thanks a bunch for your feedback.

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry you're having a problem.  I have an Asus RT-N66U behind the AT&T NVG589 gateway.  My wired and wireless connections are solid. I have no problems or issues with it.  It may be the gateway and not your router.  Does everything stay connected without the router?

I'm no fan girl of AT&T Internet, but I have had no problems or drops or interruption in service the past 2 or 3 years I have had it.  Was on AT&T DSL for several years prior to that and I can only remember one outage.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the same problem! Has been happening on and off since I started using Uverse. As a matter of fact I have a technician coming out this morning...

Signal keeps dropping. I'm a musician and I use streaming quite a bit to listen and practice on music. Getting very frustating.......Probably going to have to change providers.....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.