Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
Aaron4Real's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, March 26th, 2015 5:22 PM

U verse internet help

I recently moved into a area where internet choices are limited to at&t u verse internet. But when i checked for availability I can't get it, or so at allall. I recently discovered my next door neighbor has u verse internet no more than 400 ft away, and found the fiber optic cable box where it runs to there house. I tried to get a hold of my local store and made a order for someone to come out, the thing is I'm pretty sure no one came out to check so are if I can get u verse. I can't seem to get ahold of anyone high enough to give me a straight foward answer. The box is on my side of the road and could be run to my house. Can anyone please explain why I'm getting run around at&t and they won't run lines to my house?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Aaron4Real wrote:
I recently moved into a area where internet choices are limited to at&t u verse internet. But when i checked for availability I can't get it, or so at allall. I recently discovered my next door neighbor has u verse internet no more than 400 ft away, and found the fiber optic cable box where it runs to there house. I tried to get a hold of my local store and made a order for someone to come out, the thing is I'm pretty sure no one came out to check so are if I can get u verse. I can't seem to get ahold of anyone high enough to give me a straight foward answer. The box is on my side of the road and could be run to my house. Can anyone please explain why I'm getting run around at&t and they won't run lines to my house?

ATT does not run lines, unless you agree to pay for it to be done, they might be more ammendable.  Question is why should they go to $1000s of expense for just one user?

They'd rather have you use this:

http://www.att.com/cellphones/att/wireless-home-phone-and-internet.html#sku=sku7130587

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

9 years ago

The box is at the corner of my property about 300 ft away that wouldcot

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

9 years ago

That would cost $1000's?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.