For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Juarez2498's profile

Coach

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 4th, 2019 8:02 PM

Speed tests are normal but my actual download speed is significantly slower

I just switched to ATT Internet 75 and my speed tests show normal, but when i try downloading a file or game it is way slower. I tried using a different computer and Ethernet cable but I got the same results every time. I restarted both computers and the ATT modem, yet nothing changed. Then I tried using WiFi and it was even slower. I made sure only 1 device was connected every time I tested the download speed and that nothing else was running in the background. I double checked the network settings on all devices and it was all normal. Here are some screenshots of the tests and my broadband status page. It almost seems as if it was capped at 10 Mbps and customer support said everything showed normal on their side. It is worth noting that it has been like this since day 1 of activation and that I also used ATT's speedtest page as well. Please help me out here and thank you for your time.

Speedtest 1 on Ethernet

EtherST01.jpg

Speedtest 2 on WiFi

WiFiST01.jpg

File Download speed

TESTM01.jpg

Steam Download Speed

SteamEther01.jpg

Origin Download Speed

OriginEther01.jpg

Broadband Status Page

WiFiDS01.jpg

6 Attachments

Scholar

• 

465 Messages

5 years ago

Error

Coach

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes I tried downloads from 3 different websites and from different servers near me. Also used ATT's speed test page. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.