For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Patels's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 19th, 2015 4:01 PM

Purchase modem for Internet only Uverse

I recently had Uverse Internet Installed. The technicial installed NVG599 modem first, but then switched it out with a HVG3801, because I dont have TV or Phone service. What modems can I purchase to use as Customer owned equipment so that I am not charged $7 monthly fee?

It suck that ATT would charge me me the same $7 monthly fee for a model that is generations old and does no support even 802.11n while 802.11ac has already been out for some time now.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Patels wrote:

I recently had Uverse Internet Installed. The technicial installed NVG599 modem first, but then switched it out with a HVG3801, because I dont have TV or Phone service. What modems can I purchase to use as Customer owned equipment so that I am not charged $7 monthly fee?

It suck that ATT would charge me me the same $7 monthly fee for a model that is generations old and does no support even 802.11n while 802.11ac has already been out for some time now.

Since you are on the VDSL 2 circuit, there was never an RG you could buy, only pay the monthly fee.

Since past January, everyone pays the fee no matter if on ADSL 2+ or VDSL 2 .   Uverse RGs are deisgned for triple play service, Uvoice, IPTV and Internet (not necessarily wireless).

Could add an 3rd party ac router behind the RG for faster wireless in the Lan. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

I am definitely not an authority on the subject, but from my reading, there is not a device that you are not going to pay the $7.00 rental fee.

You may as well chock it up as part part of life as it is pretty much a necessary evil we have to deal with.

Good Luck!

Tutor

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

I would call and complain that your wireless is too slow.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Does att offer a modem with out a wireless gateway ( modem only)? If so where can I buy one?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Bull crap on your modems, 3/4 of time we can not do anything with this useless crap
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.