For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Lively's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 17th, 2017 4:33 PM

Net Neutrality

Does AT&T support FCC net neutrality regulations?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

If you believe their propaganda!  But check out some of these search results.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Greetings,

With Net Neutrality a thing of the past, some questions come to mind vis a vis AT&T's implementation of new policies resulting from the absence of FCC enforcement of Net Neutrality, specifically, 

-- What websites/domains will become blocked from end users?

-- What new rates or tiered rates will be charged for internet access?

-- Will NETFLIX and other video providers become blocked or throttled down?

-- What organizations will be required to pay higher rates and fees?

-- How will small business be affected (by AT&T policies of the future)?

-- Will VPN and Proxy use be disallowed?

-- Will changes, brought about by the absence of Net Neutrality, become uniform across all US upstream providers?

Thank you for allowing me to raise these concerns.  Hopefully, things won't be as adverse as the news media reports.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

If At&t strays away from the rules and regulations that currently exist my self and at least 15 other households who use exclusively At&t services will be cutting ties and taking our business elsewhere. I have also heard from various other at&t "a la carte" subscribers who use one service or another who will also be canceling service. Please support the continued freedom of the internet from corporate greed. The internet is the last truly free place that exists for people to share ideas, learn, enjoy various forms of entertainment, and connect with others.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

No they do not and I am dropping them because of it. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

This entire Net neutrality fear mongering is a joke.
NN was at Best redundant. Keep in mind the Internet was working fine without the sort of problems that NN claims to prevent, it was added only about 18 months ago, and it was a redux of a 1930’s law.
facebook, Hulu, Netflix we’re all thriving well before the 2015 adoption of title 2.
The Clayton and Sherman act (google them) were already in place, already preventing the sort of throttling or monopoly creation consumers are concerned about.
All NN did was become a ‘catch phrase’ for media and create the chicken little nonsense we are seeing this week.
Point is, we have more than enough laws to prevent the behavior we are concerned about, that are actual laws. As opposed to NN which is more “guidelines”.

6FE1565D-8779-4E28-B616-ADD138F38F00.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.