For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
waterbug1957's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 10:43 PM

Javascript errors

Scholar

• 

313 Messages

6 years ago

“I get the following errors pop up on my desktop every single day, usually in the evening at about 9:45PM”

but it occasionally happens at other other times of the day? 

do you have an att troubleshooting application installed? (Not to suggest you use it, but that it may be causing the js errors)

Which OS on your desktop?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

No its pretty much always in the evening. Using Windows 10 and have uverse it that makes any difference. Have no troubleshooting app installed and nothing ATT related open or in use

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

What url are you trying to bring up when you get those jasvascripts (dnserrorassist)?

What happens if you try a different browser?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

They pop up when I dont even have a browser open. The machine can just be sitting here idle and they pop up on the desktop.

Scholar

• 

313 Messages

6 years ago

Something is using JavaScript to attempt to access an att server. It’s possible your browser is doing so despite being closed. Since it happens daily, at about the same time, my guess would be it’s checking for an update of some sort or exchanging data about cookies, adware, etc. I found a reference in the script “More info available at http://www.omniture.com” -it’s a dead link, but googled and got this from wiki:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omniture

Scholar

• 

313 Messages

6 years ago

A little more searching...  www.omniture.com redirects to:

https://www.adobe.com/marketing-cloud.html

I realize none of that info fixes your problem, sorry - but maybe it’ll let you track down what’s responsible for the problem and you can fix it that way. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Well, Im not sure whats causing it. I see where AT&T sort of forces dnserrorassist on everyone whether you want its use or not and you have to opt out if you dont.

I despise everything Adobe. Absolutely hate the company and its software. Wondering if a cookie could be causing the issue. I deleted all Adobe dom cookies in the registry to see if maybe that will help.

Scholar

• 

313 Messages

6 years ago

Ok, hope it works, please keep us posted. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Never thought of sifting through the js files but sure enough, the first two have reference to Adobe blah blah blah all throughout. Thanks for showing me the obvious. That has to be whats causing this nuisance.

Thanks for your time. Will let you know if its fixed.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Still getting the javascript errors. Upon further looking through the js code, I found that it is actual AT&T website pages that are causing this nuisance. I dont even have a browser open nor am I on the AT&T website and up they pop on the desktop. This really s ucks and its AT&T thats doing it!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.