For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
cfaas416's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018 2:38 AM

AT&T Fixed Wireless Internet

So I had fixed wireless internet installed a couple of weeks ago only to have it only work for 2 days. Can someone tell me what the limitations of the system is? I hear certain things are not allowed but I haven't found an all inclusive list.

Does on demand through directv work? 

How about xbox live gaming?

What about security cameras that are connected to Wi-Fi?

Just some examples there are tons more I have questions on.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

So here's something weird I'm finding out. If I plug anything I mean ANYTHING into the router my internet shuts down. Everything was running fine and in was hooking up my home office and connected my personal computer to it, for days I didn't have internet and after countless hours on the phone with technical support and a technician visit still nothing. (You are completely right in they don't know a thing about this system by the way). For grins I unplugged the computer, did a reboot and so far internet is flowing! Stupidest thing I've ever heard of if this is really the case....

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Tomorrow I'll see what happens with my ring doorbell installation....

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

The computer was plugged directly into the yellow port. I had originally planned on using one port to connect to my Asus AC2400 Wi-Fi router since its range is really good and that would give me 4 more ports but the technician said attaching a router would also shut down the service.... So far this service has been a bit disappointing. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Well my theory was wrong. I just checked and once again I don't have internet....not sure at this point what to think. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

What are the download speeds are you getting 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Current data plan i am on is 215 GB cap and $10 per 50GB over. I am in middle Georgia.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.