For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Megharupa's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Saturday, March 3rd, 2012 11:53 PM

iPhone 3gs will not connect to my 3600HGV

Hello, my iPhone 3gs will not connect to my 3600HGV.

However, it will connect to my linksys access point that I have connected to my 3600HGV.

Can anything be done ??

Regards

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, I have three other computers connected to my GR. One is running Windows Vista, another Windows 7, as well as a Mac Book Pro.

One interesting note: I have an older computer with XP Pro operating system. That computer has the same issue as my iPhone, in that it will not connect to my RG but only through the Linksys access point.

Regards 

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

@Megharupa wrote:

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, I have three other computers connected to my GR. One is running Windows Vista, another Windows 7, as well as a Mac Book Pro.

One interesting note: I have an older computer with XP Pro operating system. That computer has the same issue as my iPhone, in that it will not connect to my RG but only through the Linksys access point.

Regards 

Did you try the network reset thing i suggested?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

12 years ago

Would that be 

Reset Broadband

or

Wireless Configuration Reset

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

@nephipower wrote:
Try this go to your Settings app > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

It will reset all your network settings and then try to connect to your wifi again. Let us know if that works.

It would be this post I did earlier today. When someone says they posted it earlier it might be best to try and read through previous posts....

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

12 years ago

No did not work,

On my iPhone went to
> Settings >General> Reset> Reset Network Settings

Also I did a full reset >Reset All Settings
I can connect only to my Linkysys

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

12 years ago

So when you select your network 2wirexxx on the iPhone and then it should prompt you for a password and you enter the password it will not connect ?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

12 years ago

Yes, that is correct. The error on my iPhone reads ( Unable to join network )

The network is correct as well as the Key (Passcode/ Password)

I have 3 computers connected to this network and it is working properly
Regards

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

Sounds like to me it might actually be a problem with your phone and not the wifi if other devices are able to connect to it just fine.

The only other thing i can think you can try is to do a hard reset on the RG by holding down the reset button for 20 seconds.

You also might want to try doing a full restore on your iPhone and selecting to setup as a new phone and NOT restore from backup

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

12 years ago

I have done a reset on the phone once already
Is unplugging the RG good enough, or use the reset button
regards

Scholar

• 

101 Messages

12 years ago

unplugging only reboots the RG once you plug it back it. So while the power is still on the RG hold the reset button for 20 seconds and it will set everything back to the system defaults.

If that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of to suggest it try changing your wireless to use channel 9. That seems to have worked for several people here to get better wireless range.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.