For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
gaw531's profile

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 11:02 PM

Gateway Model 3801HGV rebooting

We have a Pace Plc Model 3801HGV residential gateway.  This was installed this past February.  Every once in a while it just restarts and it happened again about 5 minutes ago.  I happened to be on my computer at the time and all the lights went out on the gateway and the power button was blinking for at least 10 seconds  before it started booting back up.  Is anyone else having a problem?  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

8 years ago

Have you disabled IPv6 on the 3801?

If not then give it a try.

Guru

• 

921 Messages

8 years ago

If it's a 3801, I'd send a PM to @ATTU-verseCare and have them send you a new modem.

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

8 years ago

Both the IPv6 LAN Enabled (box) DHCPv6 Enabled (box) boxes are now unchecked.  The DHCPv6 box was unchecked when I went to uncheck the IPv6 box.  If this doesn't work then I will private message ATTU-verse Care.

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

8 years ago

It has been 8 days 5 hours since the gateway has automatically rebooted so unchecking the IPv6 box seems to have solved the problem.

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

8 years ago

It has been Time Since Last Boot 22 days 2:21:07

So it appears the problem has been solved.  I wanted to post an update in case other people have the same problem and can see that this did solve at least my probl.

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

8 years ago

That's great news. Thanks for the feedback.

Employee

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I too currently experiencing the same issue witht the 3801.  I just disabled IPv6 and will watch to see if this fix the random rebooting problem as well.  AT&T replaced my previous gateway which was the 2Wire 3800HGV which had the same rebooting issue.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@gaw531 wrote:

It has been Time Since Last Boot 22 days 2:21:07

So it appears the problem has been solved.  I wanted to post an update in case other people have the same problem and can see that this did solve at least my probl.

Interesting in that on 2wire/Pace RGs (3800, 3801, 5031, 5268) the only thing generally affected is browsing problems.  If that's what did it, good for you. Smiley Very Happy

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have had this problem as well this past year. Its really painful and embarrassing when surprisingly disconnected from remote web sessions for work.

What is the suggestion if IPV6 needs to be enabled? I use IPV6 for virtual machine building and testing. This was the main reason I asked for an IPV6 compatible router before ordered my service. Disabling IPV6 defeats my purpose in order to fix an inconsistent connection issue.

ACE - Guru

• 

987 Messages

8 years ago

You can try using Google's public DNS server settings.

You cant change these on the RG but you can force them to be used on the computer you are using.

See here

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using?hl=en

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.