For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
RakeshD's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, February 13th, 2017 4:58 PM

AT&T Internet Connection keeps dropping

AT&T Internet Keeps dropping. Following are codes from Router Model 5268ACFXN

warnFeb 13 11:50:10
daemon: lmd[659]: wireless unconfig: device 9, bring the link down failed: Address already in use

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

@RakeshD

Please disable IPv6 on the 5268ac as that could be causing your issue depending on the kinds of devices in use.

You did not specify if you were WiFi connected or LAN connected when having this issue. If disabling IPv6 does not resolve, let us know.

You may also want to check to see if your DSL is taking errors by viewing on page Settings/Broadband/Status of your 5268ac.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Hello,

I am connected via WIFI and I have disabled IPv6 and no change.

The DSL does not show any errors. I however notice that the WIFI has transmit errors.

In addition to the above what I have noticed on my Android SmartPhone is that I am unable to download any Video or other files. If I try to download the same Video via an iPhone I don't have any issues.

Any further suggestions ?

Thanks

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

WiFi transmission errors are typically caused by another WiFi router stepping on your 5268ac's WiFi channel. Consider obtaining one of the apps mentioned here wifi-signal-apps to determine what channels are in use by other routers in your range. Find a channel with the weakest or no signal and then change your 5268ac to that new channel. Additionally, make sure that your 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are using different SSIDs. Say "Rakesh" and "Rakesh 5G".

WiFi capability between Android and iPhone will vary due to the generation of smartphone hardware as well as the quality of the operating system. My iPhone 6 is a lot better at WiFi than my iPhone 4 ever was.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

@ApexRon:

1) I've always had different SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

2) after disabling IPV6 - I am able to download Video and other files via my Android phone

However I noticed also that with IPV6 disabled, the internet is slower via my laptop, by that I mean that it takes longer to open up Google or Gmail or Yahoo or speedtest.net.

Any idea why disabling IPV6 makes it slower to connect to the above sites from a different device such as laptop.

Also the issue with internet connection dropping intermittently has not changed.

Could the Pace 5268AC FXN router be faulty ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs/suggestions.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

I am not intimate with AT&T's implementation of IPv6 in conjunction with the 5268ac. All I know is that some devices have difficulty with that implementation which causes much more traffic than necessary on the WiFi and LAN causing a traffic slowdown.

Having IPv6 enabled may have allowed other devices, such as your laptop, to actually configure themselves for IPv6. However, when you disabled IPv6 on the 5268ac those devices were disconnected from IPv6 and may be attempting to reconnect again causing unnecessary traffic.

My suggestion would be to reload, not just reboot, your Windows laptop and any other device now experiencing slow internet.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

Hello,

I am still facing issues where the Internet Connection Keeps Dropping. I have seen several of the below in the log.

Any idea what I could do to get a stable connection ?

warn

Feb 14 14:48:17

daemon: httpd[1333]: dsl_get_bondstats failed: Invalid argument

err

daemon: httpd[1333]: dsld_gbondstats_1 failure: 22, Invalid argument

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Unless you are a programmer and have a copy of the router program, I would not get into the System Log. You could get more valuable information from the Event Log.

@ATTDSLCare

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

@ApexRon - Thanks. I have several of the following from the event log. Any idea what I could do to get a stable connection ?

INF2017-02-14T15:11:35-05:00sysNode 192.168.1.64 is down
INF2017-02-14T15:09:25-05:00sysNode 192.168.1.64 is up

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

@RakeshD you can ignore these entries:

warn

err

Since you are on a fiber connection these will not apply to you.

The node up/down error might be hard to track down. I pulled the log from the modem and it looks like 192.168.1.64 is the one that is up/down the most. Which appears to be an iPhone.

Here is what I want you to try, power down the modem for 10 seconds or so, then power it back up. let it run for a little bit and see if it keeps logging the up/down. IF it is still going up/down then I want you to try to disable IPv6 on the device (not sure if this is possible on an iPhone).

Also keep in mind that even though the 5ghz wifi band is faster its not as strong as the 2.4 band. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

@ATTDSLCare

Confirm 192.168.1.64 is the iPhone and this is connected to 2.4G.

I have power down the modem and power it back up and the up/down situation continues ...

Concerning the below such entries, even though I am on a Fibre connection, my Internet service goes down completely.

Any further suggestions ?

warn

err

Since you are on a fiber connection these will not apply to you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.