For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
ffalzett's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 7:47 PM

New Swapped Microcell Device serial number not registering

I have been waiting several days to get the swapped Microcell Device up and running!

Microcell Swap Devices
New Device Serial Number

FTC114: New device serial number not found. Please check the number and try again. If the problem persists, please call 1-800-331-0500.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

6 years ago

@ffalzett - where did you get the MicroCell? If you purchased it off of eBay it may not have been deactivated by the original owner.  Please provide more details.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T replaced the first one they sold me after it quit working after a few days of use. It appears the one they replaced it with wasn’t put into their system, so I believe I have to wait until they elevate my problem to someone who can resolve this issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

6 years ago

@ffalzett - that sounds about right. The EOL (End-Of-Life) for the MicroCell is the end of this year, so my guess is that the replacement units are not being thoroughly checked out and passing QC. AT&T will still support the MicroCell (whatever that means) for awhile afterwards but good support will probably only be found here. AT&T will not sell the MicroCell after the first of year except at Corporate or Retail stores until inventory is depleted. After that, eBay or Craigslist will be your only options.

If your phone is capable of WiFi-C (WiFi Calling), that is your best option because call quality and reliability is much better and you don't need the MicroCell.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T broke down and sent me a new replacement microcell after they spoke to Cisco and could not resolve the problem. The new one registered fine and is now working!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

6 years ago

@ffalzett - sounds like the previous one AT&T sent you had not been de-registered properly (a refurb) which points to bad QA/QC. At least they FINALLY made it right by sending you a new one.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

@ Otto - Can you imagine what this forum will be like when AT&T stops providing tech support for the Mcell??  It's gonna get ugly...

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Avedis53 wrote:

@ Otto - Can you imagine what this forum will be like when AT&T stops providing tech support for the Mcell??  It's gonna get ugly...

....and when we "retire" from our free support of the MicroCell ... Smiley Indifferent

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

On second thought, the tech support will be just as effective then as it is now.....

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Avedis53 - Yep. Maybe we should just "retire" now and move on to other things.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.