For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Cwm2016mba's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 6th, 2017 11:51 PM

Unlimited Plan and Corporate Discount

If I switch my current data plan to one of the new unlimited plans, will I still get my corporate discount through my company?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I agree!  Same problem here!  Promised one price when we switched and now paying more than we did before.  That's just not right.  I have called every month for 3 months to try and get other things straight on our bill.  Each month it increases more and more. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@cdmullen wrote:

I agree!  Same problem here!  Promised one price when we switched and now paying more than we did before.  That's just not right.  I have called every month for 3 months to try and get other things straight on our bill.  Each month it increases more and more. 

The only way it increases is if you add service or have some sort of overage. 

What plan are you on? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@cdmullen wrote:

Price for service and phones has always been on the website and easy to calculate.  The exclusion of FAN discount except for military has always been published for the unlimited plan.  

As for “ cost increases every month”. For what?    Your service and installments should not change unless you change them.  Tax and fees may go up slightly on a quarterly basis. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

13.5% discount is the zero at ATT.  What a scam!

Clark Howard should write something about how ATT offers a mobile plan and then a month later you see all your discounts vanish and it ends up costing 20-25% more than it did for nothing.  Good bye ATT. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@PTC1234 wrote:

13.5% discount is the zero at ATT.  What a scam!

Clark Howard should write something about how ATT offers a mobile plan and then a month later you see all your discounts vanish and it ends up costing 20-25% more than it did for nothing.  Good bye ATT. 

@PTC1234

att and verizon both have been up front that unlimited plans dont get service discounts except for military and veterans... 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Such a con, I'm glad I read these posts before switching to the 'unlimited' plan - these monopolistic companies will do anything to take away consumer-friendly features - it befuddles me why the corporate discount would not apply.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

So glad I read these posts before switching to the 'unlimited' plan - these monopolistic companies will try anything to remove features that are consumer-friendly. Removing the corporate discount on these plans makes no sense

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@anarche wrote:

So glad I read these posts before switching to the 'unlimited' plan - these monopolistic companies will try anything to remove features that are consumer-friendly. Removing the corporate discount on these plans makes no sense

They didn’t remove it as it was never available.  These discounts are a gift, not a given.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@anarche wrote:

Such a con, I'm glad I read these posts before switching to the 'unlimited' plan - these monopolistic companies will do anything to take away consumer-friendly features - it befuddles me why the corporate discount would not apply.

Because AT&T can pick and choose who to offer discounts to and on what products. There's no law the says they have to offer discounts to anyone. Continuing to offer the military discount is good PR; no one really cares if GE employees have to pay full price (for example). 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

actually it doesnt save you money to add lines. Figured that out at the att store

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.