For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Javier559's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Saturday, May 14th, 2016 1:33 AM

"Not solved"Att lied about upgrading and free tablet then lied about unlimited data if i switched

I WAS CHEATED BY ATT REP TWICE.... First was when i upgraded my phone last year and was told in person face to face that by upgrading i will get afree tablet was so excited about the free tablet !!!!! Was told first bill would be higher then nomal due to new activation of new phone ... But bill showed activation of phone and tablet... Called att and they said you sighed a contract nothing we can do...so i had to pay for the tablet and sevice of tablet ..that was the first time they cheated and lied to me ....second was when they told me if i switch to there dish cable service i will get free unlimted data for my all my service... That was a lie... Got bill and was being charged 80more dollars ...how can they do this and get away with all this fraud and not be held accountable?? They want the money im trying to spend on my family and make us common people stuck with outrages bill . im stuck with the tablet for 2 years paid.full price and sevice of it ...they are liars unfair and offered a 25 $ credit as good favor.whats 25$ to paying a 2 year contract!!!! Thats like a slap in the face...

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Jman79

Anyone who thinks AT&T (or anyone besides Oprah) is giving away free iPads (or iPhones) without a service commitment (a catch) must have just fallen off the turnip truck.

At least wonder why there isn't a line out the door for free iPads (because people know better).

Cell companies generally do not give away or sell discounted cellular equipment without requiring you to have service on that device for a length of time (usually 24-30 months); sometimes they have you add TV service too.

It's kind of their business model...

(I can't control what salespeople say, but that's the usual catch for free/cheap electronics)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Exactly. With service. That’s what I agreed to- promos with a two year contract. That’s not what I got. I filed a complaint with the BBB.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.