For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
TUCAZ2CM's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 6th, 2017 9:06 AM

Late Fees

Somewhere along the line AT&T decided to start tacking late fees on to my account. Now I pay my bill and have been paying my bill to AT&T for 16 years now. I've never had another cell service provider. However in September when my contract is up I will be going elsewhere. I have been getting late fees charged on unpaid late fees even when my cell service payment is made on time. It's a scam and I'm sick of it! I'm not paying any late fees because I never agreed to pay late fees on my service. It's all good, AT&T doesn't appreciate their long term customers so I will be leaving and letting AT&T keep the late fees that have accumulated on my account. Called in to customer service about this and couldn't get anywhere so I think complaints with the right Federal Agencies against AT&T and a new service provider will get me more satisfaction in the end.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@TUCAZ2CM

Oh  come on....  If I pay my credit card bill late the late fee, no matter what the balance is, it’s a late fee of $35.  And will be $35 every month until I pay the minimum due.   And interest as usury rates as well.   My property tax bill late fee is 1% per month.  On the half due in July, it’s $47 if I fail to pay on time.  

Accept the oops when it’s your fault, and pay the $5.  

Im sorry about your mother.  Voicemail is either stored on your device, or you have to resave them every 4 weeks.  ATT does not keep them on the server indefinitely.  If you had not listened and saved them very recently, they may already have been long gone.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Let's cut the nonsense, the entire industry is pushing online payments because it saves money. I just left Comcast where you get a 5 dollar discount per month for doing online payments. Getting a bill by traditional mail 5-7 days before the due date is not acceptable. You can call people stubborn for not adopting online payments, but that is subjective and irrelevant. Traditional payment is offered by AT&T to many people not comfortable paying online for a ton of legitimate reasons.

The fact remains, AT&T offers a traditional payment method and the system is not working properly for some customers. I have seen it suggested here that it is the responsibility for the customer paying by the traditional method to check an e-mail account for the bill in order to send the payment on time? That is incorrect, using e-mail is not a requirement in AT&T's contract.

Anyone with common sense would wave a late fee under these circumstances, I guess AT&T wants to lose customers over 9 dollars

It's pretty arrogant to call people "backwards, illogical and stubborn" for using AT&Ts paper billing option, and the same argument can be made that you are stubborn for pushing your new e-billing system on the status quo. AT&T should not offer a paper billing option if they can't make it work. It's not a person's responsibility to check an e-mail account in order to pay bills through the postal service, this argument to defend AT&T is delusional. It's a good thing "you don't work for AT&T" with those horrible people skills, I'd be writing corporate in a heart beat lol.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@KJV1769

To repeat post 9:

“No one said you had to pay electronically, or stop paper bills.  But you receive your bill 2 ways if you get paper billing.  You may access your My ATT account 4 days after the bill cycle closes, and see you bill.  You can then mail your check in more than enough time.  

FYI all other carriers also have a short, 21 to 22 day due date. “

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@KJV1769 wrote:

Anyone with common sense would wave a late fee under these circumstances, I guess AT&T wants to lose customers over 9 dollars

It's pretty arrogant to call people "backwards, illogical and stubborn" for using AT&Ts paper billing option, and the same argument can be made that you are stubborn for pushing your new e-billing system on the status quo.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

If I ran a corporation and could get all the people to not do online billing, I think you could save a fortune. And you'd also be getting rid of the people who need more tech support because they won't look on-line and take care of it themselves. Also, you'd be removing those issues with "that's not what the representative told me", it'd be people taking responsibility for doing it themselves.

I've yet to drag a "backward, illogical and stubborn" friend into the world of digital auto-payments and not have them say "THANK YOU and why didn't you make me do that sooner?"

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

I even have people pay me electronically for pet care.  zelle, PayPal, Facebook, and several banks allow payment to for free through these apps by electronic means.  It’s easier for both my customers and myself.  

My 81 year old mother has been using auto and e payments for several years as she and my dad were traveling a lot.  Really takes a load off.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

100% agree with you.   I'm facing the same situation and was told its where I live.   Get bill, pay next day.  Get late charge.  How many millions of customers are they doing this too?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

I guess I don't understand the thought process of paying online.

When you send in a check, your information is still getting into AT&T's computers, BIT it's being touched by a lot more humans' hands (which makes it way more insecure).  I'm dealing with the (Edited per community guidelines)umption that they don't deposit millions of checks and they have an electronic system of sorts.

So to sum up:

• You're paying for stamps.
  • For checks.
  • Time to write it out and mail it.
  • Using a more insecure system.

I don't see any plus side to mailing it in.

That's NOT even factoring the timing issue that people are complaining about.

I've got it set for autopay, so I'm saving $10 a month on my plan for it and it takes zero amount of my time. to do it.

The people who are complaining in these forums are tech savvy enough to create an account, so I know they can set up the on-line billing.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

I’m waiting for a priority 1 - 3 day package that is on day 4 and MIGHT be here tomorrow or Saturday.    Just a sample of the USPS guaranteed speedy delivery.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

So to sum up:

• You're paying for stamps.
  • For checks.
  • Time to write it out and mail it.
  • Using a more insecure system.

Most definitely more insecure. My brother-in-law had his mortgage payment stolen out of his mailbox and did not know his mortgage payment had not been received until getting a late payment notice. On top of that, he discovered multiple unauthorized withdrawals on his bank account. The thieves used that stolen check to make withdrawals. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

I think people still think e-payments are insecure.  In the early days of e-banking there was a great deal of false information and lack of personal security - not on the business end.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.