Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
ttheus's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, April 5th, 2018 5:13 PM

Late fee?

I just received my wireless bill from AT&T and see I have a $5 late fee. I have been with them for at least 10 years and have never missed a payment or been late with a payment. It takes AT&T 2 weeks from the day my billing cycle ends to get my statement to me, leaving me 7 days to write my check, put it in the mail, and for them to receive and process it. How is it, it takes them 2 weeks but I need to do it in 1 week. In a perfect world I could get my bill, write my check and get it in the mail the same day. But that's not reality. I know I can pay my bill electronically but I do not chose to. They should be able to get my statement to me quicker than that. After all these years to get hit with a $5 fee for being 3 days late is disappointing.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am leaving AT&T. The company is beyond caring about customers. Loyalty works both ways.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

FYI about paper bills.

14235301-DC59-4A6E-BB42-A744050F8765.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

The late fee is described in the billing summary as an "account charge".  No doubt many AT&T customers are unaware that they are charged late charges each month.  Most likely some MBA thought up this stealth and desceptive practice, which may generate hundreds of thousands of dollars monthly.  Yesterday (March 4, 2019), I received my recent AT&T bill with an issue date of February 18, 2019.  Even if I send a payment check the same day I receive the bill, it is likely I will not meet AT&T's deadline of March 9, 2019 and therefore be assessed a late charge.  This is similar to the deceitful practices that customers of Wells Fargo endured.  It is time for *****!  CM

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

5 years ago

@CMcitizen wrote:

The late fee is described in the billing summary as an "account charge".  No doubt many AT&T customers are unaware that they are charged late charges each month.  Most likely some MBA thought up this stealth and desceptive practice, which may generate hundreds of thousands of dollars monthly.  Yesterday (March 4, 2019), I received my recent AT&T bill with an issue date of February 18, 2019.  Even if I send a payment check the same day I receive the bill, it is likely I will not meet AT&T's deadline of March 9, 2019 and therefore be assessed a late charge.  This is similar to the deceitful practices that customers of Wells Fargo endured.  It is time for *****!  CM

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

1.   Don’t wait for the paper bill to mail your check.  Your bill total is online.  

2.  Use another way to pay.   https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Account/Ways-to-pay-your-AT-amp-T-Wireless-Bill/m-p/5286873#M259719

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.