For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
tmboyle04's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 23rd, 2018 7:22 PM

International calling with WiFi

I have registered for the International Pass add-on - $10 for 24 hours of voice/data/texting. If I use Wifi for voice calling will it trigger the 24 hour window?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I agree.  It is NOT made clear by ATT and their employees, themselves. I was originally told by an ATT customer service rep that WIFI calling is the same thing as Face Time Audio - as long as you use WIFI, even internationally, all calls will be considered wifi calls. We just have to make sure Airplane Mode and Cellular Data/ Roaming is off. Long story short, 2 weeks later, when I returned to the US, I found an exorbitant $800 worth of "international" calls charged to my bill. A few customer service reps were super apologetic after they reviewed by notes and my previous calls, confirming that, indeed, I was given wrong info by their own rep. However, the most ridiculous thing was, the customer loyalty department (i have been a loyal customer for 12 years and counting) MANAGER (so she said) was SO ridiculously rude and told me she was personally denying ALL the credits that the customer service reps were kind enough to submit for me -- maybe totaling $100 -- bc SHE accused me of making international calls from the US!! -- I had airline tickets to prove i was out of the country during those dates. Regardless, make sure you know what you are getting into before you casually turn on your wifi calling while traveling. I just keep that thing OFF now, all the time, ESPECIALLY when I'm traveling abroad.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.