Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
proudwife2013's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 4:07 PM

furious with AT&T want OUT of unified billing!!!!!!

As a previous long time of customer of AT&T I felt confident when I got married last year the best decision was to simply do a name change on my new wife's AT&T already long time existing combined bill.  At the end of December 2013 we did the name change and added a line to the wireless portion of the bill.  we were PROMISED THIS WOULD BE A NAME CHANGE NOT A NEW CUSTOMER!!!! That decision wound up being the beginning of a nightmare!! our first bill was over $700 and took several hours of frustrating phone calls to get lowered. My wife has spent at least 2 hours on the phone every single month trying to get this nightmare corrected!!!!!  The first two months required over 10 hours of phone calls of her being belittled, degrated and spoken too like garbage. It obviously does no good to repeat back  the terms of contract before agreeing upon the terms of a verbal contract with AT&T when AT&T feels they can simply say sorry you were misinformed of the rates yet you MUST pay them anyway.  That is a breach in contract and according to AT&T's own terms and conditions grounds for a customer to end service with no fees.  

on December/14/2013 my wife and I spoke to a reptresentative name Eric employee #[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] who promised to keep the Uverse package of  the contract at about the same plan she already had.  since that package was no longer available he said we would have Uverse 300 PLUS FREE HBO for 2 years NOT a 3 month free period BUT confirmed twice by her repeating it back free for 2 years at $104 a month + $7 for one receiver = $111.00 a month for two years for Uverse. we were told the contract would have wireless 2 iphones paying a one time fee of .99 cents for each for 2 iphone 4 but my wife was transferring over her iphone 5 from previous contract that would be insured  and a basic phone for her daugter total wireless bill with 300mb of data = $100 a month.  If this was not enough data we could simply call in and have this increased. This was not enough data and not simple as were charged overage each month because no AT&T rep could figure out why they could not change our data packag.  Turns out we were in new department called unified billing and the reps had never heard of it. After several hours (over 40) of getting nowhere finally in March we went to local wireless store for help.  Finally getting help after that stores manager and assistant manager was equally frustrated with not having ability to fix bill.  We finally got it at 1gb of data for now $120 a month. But in just a few weeks a customer service rep stated we would be better of with 2gb of data for $25 on each line vs $40 on each line making our bill $110 before insurance and tax.  I am also a Lowe's employee and am supposed to receive 20% discount on wireless whicn nearly every rep has a different story as to how or what that 20% is applied too.  Even though I have applied on line twice for this by providing my employee email address and we submitted 3 months of paystubs to the manager of the local wirelss store we DO NOT RECEIVE MY DISCOUNT!!!! 

We were originally promised a total bill of $211 a monthe +insurance and tax.  We are now supposed to be paying $231.00 + tax.  Yet  we just payed a few cents away from $318.

Once again my wife called me at work in tears about how she was degrated, belittled and treated horribly by AT&T unified billing department.  The math speaks for itself with Uverse charges totalling $135 (which are still higher than promised in contract) we were billed after tax $182.00 in wireless yet the unified billing wants to completely ignore anything my wife has to say and stick with their rude and incorrect demands that the $30 contract agreed subtraction of fees is in there and she just can NOT see them.  I am ABSOLUTELY APPALLED over the way my wife is spoken to and treated when she calls!!!  I am disgusted with the lies that have been told to both her and I.  We have asked numerous times to have phone calls pulled proving the amount stated in verbal contract which has yet been done.  We have provided the employee ID #s given to us that assured us we would get what were promised yet we are told its impossible for them to find employees by employee ID.  I want out of this contract and over the weekend I found enough proof that we are not getting contract at amount that had been promised, we are not getting my employee discount, and we are not getting wireless with 2gb of data for $$110 promised.  The unified billing ONLY looks at the fact a lot of credits have gone on the account every month and it is late. We usually do pay late because we tried paying full amount in past after being promised it would make next bill almost nothing to make up for paying about 2 months of service.  Since AT&T never did that either we have chosen pay after we get amount close to what  we owe.  But we have paid every single monthe!! yes a monthe or two we only paid about $180-$190 but we also had months of paying over $500 in one month. I dont understand how they can expect a customer to believe this garbage of all fees are correct we just wont see credits when simple mather proves otherwise!!!

why cant my wife and I be treated with respect? Why cant we disconnect service and go to a much more reliable company when your compnay can break your end of contract whenever you feel like it. Please just help set the straight!! Let us out of contract or keep your end of contract and charge us what we agreed on and change us to anything but unified billing!!!Thank you for your time, Neil ***

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hello,

I wanted to share my experience with the recent holiday savings event held at Sam's Club on Nov 14th. I wanted to buy an iPhone 6s 64 GB, which comes with a $250 Sam's club Gift Card as a part of the promotion. I woke up at 5 AM on Nov 14th Saturday, and was standing in the line outside Sam's Club at 71st Memorial, Tulsa. It was almost 35 degrees at that time and my excitement to buy the phone kept me motivated to withstand the cold. When finally the doors opened at 7 AM, I got an appointment for 8 AM to get the phone. I was waiting at the store, and it took about 3 hrs, when i could finally get to the counter. There were only 2 sales reps handling the phone sales, which took them a lot of time to get through the appointments. 

So finally, when I got through to the counter and when they took my details to check for upgrade eligibility, the system showed that I was only eligible for "2 year service contract only". It did not allow me to get the AT&T Next plan. I had 3 lines open for upgrade in my account, and none of them were open for AT&T next. The reps said they could do nothing about it. I went to a nearby AT&T store, immediately to check the upgrade status, and they said I was eligible for AT&T Next plan upgrade. 

I was so confused, as AT&T said I was eligible for AT&T Next plan. But the system at Sam's club said I could only do the 2 year contract plan. I drove 120 miles to Oklahoma City Sam's Club store, took an appointment again for the next day and went to Sam's club again on Sunday Nov 15th at OKC Store. The same story repeated again. 

The bottom line is that I wasted my entire weekend on this holiday savings event, and I could not get anything out of it even though I had the eligibility. I talked for several hours with the AT&T customer service, and some of them expressed that my account being registered for AT&T Unified Billing, might be the reason why the upgrade for AT&T Next plan is not showing up for third party systems. i don't completely understand the reason, but I am totally frustrated by the way the AT&T upgrade system worked with the 3rd party stores like Sam's Club. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

It's a universal problem, not limited to retails stores at all.

Split your billing again....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have been with ATT wireless for 15 years. A month ago I let a CSR talk me into signing up for Uverse and DTV. Two days later I cancelled both after I learned from my neighbors that Uverse did not work well in our area.

Two weeks later I tried to upgrade my cell phone at the ATT store, but the sales people at two different stores could not access my ATT account. They suggested I order the phone online  from Premier Services, which I did,  and arrange to pick up a Note 5 from the ATT store. After I got home the stylus did not work with the phone. I took the phone back to the store but they could not exchange for a new phone because they could access my ATT account. The reason for this was my account was changed to Unified billing when I signed up for Uverse & DTV. And Premier won't send a new phone  because I got the Note5 from the store's inventory.

I spent hours on the phone with ATT CSRs, but I have not been able to get out of Unified billing. Now I 

have to wait 14 days to exchange my phone at a warranty center, but I dont know if they will be able access my account.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

That's not right.  You should get a new phone.  The store had every right to just swap the phone, but they do need to verify your account.

can you verify your account over the phone ?  Because I think have the store verify with a call to customer service.

Pleas send a private message to @@ATTMobilityCare it may take 2 days to reply.  They need to know how much of a problem it is and FIX it!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I wished I've read your post before wasted 3hrs at Target today.  This is the major problem that ATT has no solution and blamed on other stores.  I went to Walmart and Target got the same problem. ATT failed big time.  Maybe it's intentional so you have to get phones from them with higher price.  FAILED!!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Easy fix for this, right?  Just go back to separate billing?  But.....

I called and did that and was told it can take up to 2 weeks.  

Great public relations and customer service, huh!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

@failedtelecomm

Your theory might be a good one, except that upgrading in an ATT store isn't possible either.

Unified billing locks up the wireless account and nothing can get done anywhere.  

This is was the wrong time of the year for this problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Holy crap!! They are a scam!! They promised me theyd void overage charges on my cell if I took their unlimited service and direct tv. Well, they NEVER DID! They terminated my service. After 4 hours one day on the phone dealing with reps who aren't educated nor have any customer service skills- I finally was passed on to a rep who said hed credit my account. Well he did and turned my phone back on but never documented it on my account. So I'm on the phone now for over SIX hours and not one rep knows how to deal with this. Completely illegal to lure over prisoective customers with broken promises
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.