For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
davidvsgoliath's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 6th, 2014 3:46 AM

Closed

Formal Complaints to the FCC

I wish to file a formal complaint against AT&T, for their billing practices, and lack of accountability.  Has anyone had success doing this, and if so, could you provide some insight into the best way to concisely file a complaint?  I honestly feel AT&T has gottten too big to address any issue.  It is really hit or miss when calling customer service, or billing, and hang-ups are routine.  I went to the local AT&T store this evening, out of total frustration, and they hung up on their own associate twice.  I provided my AT&T statement, and two bank statements.  The associate could see why I was upset, and spent over an hour trying to help.  It's beyond ridiculous.  So far they have managed to have $125 in bank fees charged to a checking account I am unable to close, because they are charging payments to it, without my permission.  They backed out a payment, over a month after it was paid, caused another fee, then suspended my account for non-payment.  It's nuts.  Thanks to all for any and all help.  I'm ready to organize a boycott at this point.  The word customer seems foreign to them  -- which makes sense in retrospect, as it appears they outsource their billing.   

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I would also like to file with the FCC.  I have been with AT&T since 1993 and finished.  I wish I could post the chat I had, no wonder why they have lost so many wireless customers.  This is very sad, and such a pain!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I paid AT&T on line, they took the payment twice then said they would reverse the second charge within 24 hours, that never happened. This caused  my

account to become over drawn. They now say they are going to send me a check for the second charge, and still my account shows a credit. I know what

they are doing. They will leave the credit till my next bill hits and then I will not have a credit to refund, with no regard to how it effects me financially in the

meantime.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@Arlette63

And this is FCC business HOW?   According to the FCC themselves, this is what they do....

(I don’t see, “fix billing screw ups” in there)

CDC35F28-4104-464C-852B-90CCD89C3433.jpeg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I do not feel this is a billing mess up. I think this is an on going
practice that is being utilized by many communications companies. Using the
loophole of "faulty billing software" to take more out of people's accounts
then authorized and then delaying reimbursements of funds, till they reach
the point that they can deny reimbursement because there is no longer a
credit. "Dishonest Business Practices" that allow them to pad their numbers
and keep smaller companies from growing does not promote fairness in the
industry.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I recently received a $100.65 bill for my mobile phones. Since it usually ran $220 or so per month, I assumed we had had less usage or something. But this month I got a $344.05 bill!!!!! Their excuse was they were billing from July 21 thru 9/20/18 - and they "couldn't bill the charges on the $100.65 statement - EXCUSE ME////;/ YOU ARE THE ONE BILLING AND YOU CAN'T BILL CORRECTLY EACH MONTH??? YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF YOUR OWN COMPANY - YOU CERTAINLY CAN BILL CORRECTLY - IN ADDITION $100.65 FROM THE $220 DOES NOT MAKE UP A DIF OF OVER $200 IN THE BILLING!! I CALLED TO PROTEST, WAS TOLD IT WAS BEING SENT FOR REVIEW & I WOULD HEAR BACK. WELL DUE DATE CAME, NO WORD, SO I PAID $100.65 IN GOOD FAITH - FINALLY HAD TO CALL THEM BACK AS THEY NEVER CALLED - GOT THE SAME BULL STORY AND DEMAND TO PAY THE BALANCE. I TOLD THEM I WOULD PAY UNDER PROTEST, REPORT THEM FOR THEIR UNETHICAL PRACTICES AND STUPID EXCUSE WHEN I COULD WORK THE BALANCE IN THE BUDGET. NEXT DAY I WENT TO PAY 1/2 AND THEY REFUSED ONLINE - WOULD NOT ACCEPT 1/2 PAYMENT - DEMANDED FULL AND THEY ARE NOT CHARGING ME LATE FEES TO BOOT!!! I POSTED THE PAYMENT FOR THE 24TH IN FULL AND THE ONLINE SYSTEM ACCEPTED IT - SO THEY STUPIDLY TURNED DOWN $121.70 IMMEDIATE PAYMENT AND ARE WAITING ANOTHER WEEK TO GET THEIR IN FULL PAYMENT. I HOPE THE THAT THESE BIG COMPANIES GET REINED IN AND TAUGHT A LESSON. I HAVE BEEN AN A T & T CUSTOMER ALL MY LIFE EXCEPT FOR A YEAR IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON - I KNOW THE OTHER MOBILE COMPANIES ARE NO WORSE OR BETTER - SO SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO STOP THEM FROM THESE UNETHICAL BILLING PRACTICES. PRAYING SO! THANKS FOR LISTENING!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@IamMarti What exactly is unethical? Billing is done by computers. Sometimes there are errors and it is up to the customer to catch them because the computer does not catch itself. That is pretty much the way all billing works. Also, if you get a bill over $100 less than normal and you think it is because your usage was less that month, that suggests you don’t fully understand what you are being billed for. You might want to educate yourself on your monthly charges. You probably should have realized you were under billed and that they would eventually correct the bill.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@IamMarti

Math...  🤨 

$220 ish bill, x 2 = $440 ish

$100 + 344 = $444.  

So you got to keep $120 for an extra month.   You can’t say you didn’t owe the money. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject. The topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.