For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Paranotary's profile

Guru

• 

467 Messages

Sunday, December 24th, 2017 11:57 AM

BOGO and Wireless Autopay Credits

I am new to AT&T as well as the forum.  I have seen the questions and answers for previous BOGO offers, but not the one I currently have.

I have a couple of questions, which pretty much are the same questions for 2 different credits.  How long does it take to actually see the BOGO credits?  And when you do receive the BOGO credits, do you receive the past months’ credits in one bill?  I am getting concerned about the BOGO credits as I just received my third bill and neither of the two credits are on there.  All of my other credits have appeared except for these.

My other credit question is after I receive the wireless autopay credit, should I also receive the past month’s credit?  I started my wireless service on October 17, 2017, I went straight home and signed up for autopay.  The very first month autopay was active and deducted.  I received one $10 autopay credit on the second bill.  Should I have received a second $10 credit for the first month, which was paid by autopay?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I did.  I elevated by filing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and was provided a one-time credit for the full amount of the iphone after the office of the president of ATT reached out to me.

The “problem” is that an internet account was also required for eligibility, which I have had with ATT for at least 15 years.  The account was not connected to my wireless account in their records (I get a separate bill and different account numbers) but when I log on to the ATT website everything is there in one place using one login, so it had never occurred to me that the customer service team could not see that on their end.  

I provided that feedback to the ATT presidents office as the entire fiasco would have been resolved if anyone at ATT could have told me “why” they thought I was not eligible and if they had a better computer system that would show accounts that are linked.  Both accounts (wireless and internet) are in my name and same billing address but billed to me separately and I don’t think ATT internal infrastructure links accounts such as these very well.  It was a huge annoying and totally avoidable nuisance for a long time customer.   

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

No, I’m still paying for both phones. The whole three month delay until your free phone kicks in is just a trap so by then it’s too late to back out. The employees at the stores don’t know what they are doing, they tell you you’re gonna get the phone free but really they don’t know and At&T doesn’t stand behind them and back up what they told you when they sold you the phones, you’re just screwed.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

If you contact the Better Business Bureau,  they will probably pay off one of your phones.  That is what they did with me.

Good Luck

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Cal:

Yes, I did get it resolved. I finally got a hold of a very thorough and friendly customer service rep. She went out of her way to investigate the situation and then credit me back all monies that were due to me. I was so thankful! Her explanation for the situation was that the sales rep who sold me the phone in the store, tweaked the offer so that instead of BOGO free, it was get 1/2 off. This was why their c/s reps couldn’t find the offer and refused to credit me. Fortunately, I finally was able to make contact with a c/s rep that actually cared and followed through with what she had promised.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

• We made a purchase 6 month ago at Sam’s store. We have since then called and chatted with several reps in regards to our credit. We were advised to go back to Sam’s. We went to Sam’s and an att store. No one seems to want to give us our credit deserved. We keep paying additional charges in our current plan. We have even provided a copy of the promo that was being offered and we still can’t get this matter resolved. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Contact BBB. That is the only way they will help you. So Sad....
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.