For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
riverrat317's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Monday, May 8th, 2017 9:28 PM

Being screwed over by AT&T

I bought the Samsung Note 7's on a BOGO deal through Costco in Aug. 2016. Everything was going great until the Note 7's were recalled and we had to return the phones and choose something else. We returned the Note 7's in Dec 2016 to the Costco kiosk. The representative there told us to get the BOGO deal on the new Iphone 7's that we were purchasing she would cancel the new line of service that we started with the new Note 7 and start a new line of service for the Iphone 7.  She had to make several calls and was hung up on 4 or 5 times before she ever got that done while I sat and waited for over 2 hours.  So now I have contracts for 2 Iphone 7's for the BOGO deal but I have not received any credit for the free phone since purchasing in Dec. 2016.  AT&T back office, escalating team, Supervisors, whatever they are called want to say because the the Note 7 number was dropped I am not eligible for the BOGO deal on the Iphone 7's.  I did not ask for the number to be dropped, this was done by the phone representitive.  I have called AT&T for the past few months inquiring about this.  Have been told different things, from being told I would receive a call bac,, (NEVER HAPPENED) to it being esculated. I have been a customer for numerous years. Right now I am NOT HAPPY!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

Crazy is a word we can use here...it may not fully cover it.  😡   You should have received all back credits already.

Please let me know if you don't hear from someone in MobilityCare.  Next step is file a complaint with your state AG office.  

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 FINALLY  I can say this has been resolved!  Thanks to Krissy J - AT&T Social Media Manager.  She is the only one from here to actually email me back more than once.  All the others asked for information and that was the last I heard from them.  Credits were given as service/service fee credits on different phones on my plan until it added up to the balance of the BOGO phone. Balance is now $0 for phone so that's what matters. Thanks Liz for your input. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

Thank goodness! 

Yeah Krissy! 

I'm glad. But I wish you didn't go through this. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

The issue more often than not is that you cannot trust or go by what actual reps tell you. They either do not know what the actual offers are, leave out some details, or are flat out deceiving you to boost their sales numbers.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

I read the fine print myself and knew that I met all of the requirements. I don't know what went wrong but it was like pulling your own teeth to get it corrected.   It would be nice to carry on a back and forth dialogue between someone that is capable of fixing the problem the first time you call/chat/text/email/message.  Having to explain my situation numerous times (and getting no where) was extremely frustrating and time consuming. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.