For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ms_unicorn's profile

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

Friday, August 25th, 2017 3:46 PM

AT&T’s Response to Hurricane Harvey

Beginning on Aug. 26, 2017, we will issue credits and waive additional charges to provide unlimited data, voice and text for AT&T wireless customers and unlimited voice and text to AT&T PREPAID customers in impacted areas. Please refer to http://about.att.com/inside_connections_blog/hurricane_harvey for specific details.

AT&T has set up emergency response equipment in strategic locations, in both Texas and Louisiana, which includes satellite COLTs (Cell on Light Trucks), Emergency Communications Vehicles (ECVs) and charging stations.

We have also launched a Severe Weather 4-in-1 Mix channel on DIRECTV and a Severe Weather Channel on U-verse to provide dedicated coverage of Hurricane Harvey. To learn more about AT&T’s Severe Weather Mix Channels, please visit: http://about.att.com/newsroom/severe_weather_mix_channel.html

Additional information and tips for disaster preparedness can be found at Inclement Weather – Be Prepared and www.att.com/vitalconnections.

Important Information for Friends & Family of Hurricane Harvey Victims: Robocall Insurance Scams

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Keklp7865 wrote:

I’m housing a flooded victim friend and elderly dad. My other bedroom did Not have a TV set up but I used to be so I had a jack in that room. I moved a Tv and a receiver genie small hooked it up. Tv flashed direct tv and yellow light on genie. I called customer service explained the situation and they said since it’s a different receiver from the one 2008 that was used back there it would cost 50 dollars to move a receiver then 50 dollars to move it back. 

If it doesn't work by moving it, I'd guess the wire is NOT hooked up. Was the $50 for a service call to switch connections at the block? (Which you can probably do yourself?

FYI, this is the CELLULAR forum, you might get better input from the TV forums.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I was Charged for a Trial of 7 days Direct Tv.. Where i never ever Sign up for.. I am a at&t custmer but only Phone and Internet. . My cable and my on the go is thru xfinity .. I need help and a refund for that rep live rep that i was thinking i gave my card number to to set up a arrangement for my phone billl.. How can you cancel somthing you never signed up for pleaae help .. Me n my kids or hungry i have ro by formula for my baby girl and that cost 35 bucks yall took 37.98 on sep 1 2017 i am in Houston tx and trying to cope with thungs lost in the hurricane Harvey. .. Please give ne a calll i need someone LIVE..
I need help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am in school in Houston but my billing address is in another state. Is there any way I can receive a waiver for the data overages I've incurred? I've been without internet for over a week and had to reply on cell data.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am the only house on the street with out direct tv. No one else has had issues. They told me that yhere was damage to thw national server. Srsly? Then why do my neighbors still have satellite? This is my 3rd appt and I keep getting texts that there is a problem with my appt. I hung up with jessica from cust svc and she said that yes, I will have a tech here. 3 minutes Later, I get a text saying I need to reschedule. I haven't had tv for 7 days. Now I know I am very lucky for i still have a home and a car and minimal damage. This is why I dreaded switching to direct tv. Looks like xfinity.....here I come ...or switch me back to u verse after you pretty much forced me to direct tv.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@creedrox wrote:
I am the only house on the street with out direct tv. No one else has had issues. They told me that yhere was damage to thw national server. Srsly? Then why do my neighbors still have satellite?

Seems pretty obvious likely it's something to do with your dish.

Have you looked at the dish? Just to see if wires fell out or if there is a chicken coop that got thrown on top in the storm?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We are in the Memorial Area close to HW6 in Houston. The service from AT&T during and in the wake of the Hurricane Harvey is the poorest I ever experienced. To date, we have been out of service for three weeks. We have not been able to follow any news or get any alarm message's during the hurricane or the flood. No information given from AT&T more than that "our technicians working on the problem and no other associates at AT&T have any further information". Besides drinking water, information is one of the most important things during these crises times.  AT&T has let all its users in this area down during this challenging time. We have been running our overseas business on a hotspot on a cell phone. The water is now drying up and many neighbor's have started to rebuild their homes. Yet not a sign of life from AT&T. No TV, no landline phone, no internet, no nothing....except of course for the money you deducted from our debit card for the services that never was provided.   Your company is not anything to rely on for the future.

Dan ***

Cell:***

Email: ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

I live outside of Houston I'm so sorry. Yes customer service since att took over stink . That's why I would never get the cellular or home phone service. If it wasn't for I live sports and they are the only one that gets NFL I would leave after 14 years.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I still haven't received any credit and I'm being billed for service I already cancelled. I was in a disaster identified area

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

17 days with no service and another month with only partial service. Still experiencing dropped calls and only occasionally works 4g on 3 lines. AT&T saw fit to give a whopping total$75 credit. Time for a switch to a company that cares

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I moved to Houston on the 23 of August my bill was due the 28 so I called to tell them about how I was flooded and had to evacuate and they told me something about October. So after I get my first check they want me to pay my whole check to them for service and cut my phones off and will not help. I think this is crazy. How do you expect people to pay for months of service when l8fevis just getting on track then you cut them off to make it nearly impossible to pay giving no other option for it to affect people credit and NOW us people have to start over and NOW over with ATT ON CREDIT. why? I offered to pay one bill set up next bill and still not good enough. Can I get answers why no payment planned was offered to victim's besides oh don't worry about bill but when it gets cut off we want thousands to turn on. Way to play off like ART HELPED PEOPLE

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.