For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
gte470q's profile

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, September 6th, 2022 3:53 PM

ATT not honoring 25% off on wireless bill for internet customer

ATT has not honored 25% off on my wireless bill as an internet customer since I switched my wireless service from Verizon to ATT in June 2021. 
It was the promotion that I switched my service. ATT had agreed that my case has met all the requirements. At beginning, the ATT representatives just asked me to wait for a couple months. Now ATT gave another reason saying that I am not a new wireless customer. LOL, I am certainly not a new customer since my case has not been resolved for more than a year.  

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

Will any AT&T representative contact me?  

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

2 years ago

@gte470q   Did you receive a DM from @ATTHelp ?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

2 years ago

Probably not. At least not from posting in this public, customer to customer forum only. I would file a complaint with the BBB. That will go straight to Corporate and someone from the Office of the President will contact you, usually within a couple of days. They may be able to help you.

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

Someone from AT&T called me regarding my bbb complaint, but I was not available to answer the phone. I called back, and then I got no response anymore. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

2 years ago

That was probably from the Office of the President. If they left a message with a phone number, all you can do is keep calling that number. I'd try first thing in the morning. 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I wish I googled string "how ATT dishonor customer on 25% wireless discount" before I switched my service in 2023 October! What a great way to cheat on customer! I guess this cheating started from 2021!! Amazing, how I missed this CENTURY CHEATING SCHEMA! What a cheating schema! I got email ad with big words saying internet customer get 25off on wireless! I did read small words=qualified customer--well, my understanding of qualified customer==customer who never used ATT for 2-3 years. No, ATT definition of that word==in your whole life, you never used ATT wireless. I actually could not believe ATT such large company can play this kind of game with customers.

So ATT definition of "qualified customer"==NEVER HAVE EVER BEEN ATT WIRELESS customer EVER in your whole life, 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

1 year ago

That doesn't sound right. File a BBB complaint to get escalated to AT&T corporate. That person will have more tools available to see what really went wrong.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I did file a BBB and got to talk with ATT office president who clearly told me how stupid I was trusting ATT's web advertisement, or email advertisement. He said because I was ATT customer before 2017, so I am not new customer! I was with Tmobile from 2018-2022. I was in ATT store and asked what was the qualification requirement on this promotion, and the clerk just said as long as I am internet user, I am qualify! I found ATT still has this promotion going on, I took screenshot of "how do I qualify", as you may see they did NOT mention "new customer" here, purely cheating from Billion $$ company like ATT!

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

1 year ago

Wow, that's ridiculous. I've never heard of anything longer than 1 or 2 years being the waiting period. Since it's quite a bit of money, it might be worth your time to pull up the terms of service and follow the instructions of filing for arbitration.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks MicCheck! Good idea! I should do that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.