Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Nirav's profile

6 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 4:25 PM

Closed

Att and Costco kiosk scam

AT&T is scam. I signed up for AT&T at Costco kiosk and it was the worst decision of my life. I was paying $180 with T-Mobile for seven lines including two tablet lines unlimited everything. I was told at the Costco kiosk for AT&T that my bill will be $206 and I will have everything unlimited including 50 GB of hotspot data. They told me to wait three months for Bill to adjust so I waited for three months and to my surprise my current bill now every month is $350 and first two months I paid $710 and second third month I paid $546. I called VIP AT&T customer service number that Costco kiosk provided me. They constantly lied to me and keep telling me that they were working to fix my bill which never got fixed. I call AT&T customer customer service directly and there was nobody there to help me  With the situation that that I was in. The person who claimed that he was a manager at AT&T and he told me he was also the cancellation department he told me to cancel my plan it will cost me $6000 which was outrageous, and he was keep referring to terms and condition  But when I told them what about the terms and condition that I was explained at the kiosk that my bill will be 206dollars he did not want to honor that. now as a customer I am feeling helpless nobody’s fixing my bill and I am stuck with 300+ dollar bills for next 36 months. I expected AT&T to do the right thing and lower my bill to 206 a month but they refuse to do that I am I am very very disappointed moving from T-Mobile to AT&T T-Mobile customer service never let me down whenever I had an issue with my bill. They help me reduce my bill but here at att they just put their hand up and did not want to help me at all hope. Hope nobody else has to go through this and be stuck with $350 month for 36 months. Learn from my mistake and avoid the scams.  

6 Messages

4 months ago

@KenK i called yesterday and i was told by the manger / cancel department that there nothing he can do i will call customer support only if u assure me that att will something to help me with this or else i will just be on hold and waste my time i can provide my account details if u like 

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

4 months ago

@Nirav  This is a customer based public forum, not a way to reach AT&T. They advised you how to reach them. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.5K Messages

4 months ago

@Nirav  We've given you all of the advice and suggestions that we can, being as we are customers like yourself. ATTHelp will probably be of little help as they will just try to push it up the chain to someone who has the resources and authority to handle an issue like this. That's why we suggest filing the online BBB complaint because that goes straight to the top. Good luck.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

4 months ago

Costco can't help.

Ideally you would be tracking Your phone through the postal service, and then the courier whether it's Pitney Bowes headed for AT&T which is the wrong place, or newgistics headed for La vergne Tennessee which would be the right place.

If you still have the tracking information, which you absolutely should have saved, then you can track with that number through the postal service and newgistics website.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

4 months ago

@Nirav 

Well the info I provided should have been useful on directing any complaints or disputes to get resolved. And answered your question about non-employees Now you should have better understand and a realistic perspective dealing with 3rd party retailer.

Just because it doesn't get you all the credits and adjustments, or trade-in verification, you want doesn't mean it isn't useful. I do hope you get this resolved and with all this info you'll be better protected in the future.

5 Messages

3 months ago

Same exact thing happened to me recently. They looked at me straight in the eyes and lied to me without shame. Good thing I called VIP number and asked what’s my monthly bill and confirmed that I was lied to. I’m still in the process of getting my money back, I’ve never even activated any of the lines nor using the phones but now I was charged cellphone bill, sales tax and wasted hours and hours of my time. AT&T at Costco is a big scam. Two sales person names Johnny and William(the manager) they worked at between Costco at Long Island NY at Westbury, Melville, Riverhead and Costco at Rego park in Queens NY. They bring bad reputation to Costco and this scam should be and will be reported.

5 Messages

3 months ago

Same exact thing happened to me recently. They looked at me straight in the eyes and lied to me without shame. Good thing I called VIP number and asked what’s my monthly bill and confirmed that I was lied to. I’m still in the process of getting my money back, I’ve never even activated any of the lines nor using the phones but now I was charged cellphone bill, sales tax and wasted hours and hours of my time. AT&T at Costco is a big scam. Two sales person names Johnny and William(the manager) they worked at between Costco at Long Island NY at Westbury, Melville, Riverhead and Costco at Rego park in Queens NY. They bring bad reputation to Costco and this scam should be and will be reported.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

3 months ago

Just remember, those salespeople do not work for AT&T or Costco. They work for a 3rd party Authorized Retailer which rents/leases space in stores like Costco. You'll want to double check to be sure, but usually that 3rd party is Smart Circle.

5 Messages

3 months ago

It’s like saying I work at US recruiting office wearing US army uniform but I’m actually Chinese communist police or Mexican cartel. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 months ago

It’s like saying I work at US recruiting office wearing US army uniform but I’m actually Chinese communist police or Mexican cartel. 

Yep.  The Army probably doesn't care much where their recruits come from either.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.